Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

when it says 50 cent...

it just may be a 1908 O Barber half! and it was! old park in old town area between one way streets. i had to saw it out of the tree roots and a old bolt came up, and i said not with that signal.. something brass at least is there. i slipped with the gator broke the root and then the half flipped up. i scraped it.. ARRRGGGHH! it was so fine you could read liberty in the head band. it had an old cut but not bad. pixs are old cell phone my other method down right now. found a plated crucifix and my second 1734-1799 Chang Dynasty Chinese cash token. this one was when the emperor abdicated to honor his father and not serve longer than him. so a variation was done from 1795 to his death in 1799. it's OLD! about $2 bucks but cool!

Congrats on the large silver! It looks really good too.

I've found a Chinese Dynasty cash coin also, and in North Missouri at an early homestead approx 1830-1940. I can only wonder how these coins ended up over here. Brought home after a war tour perhaps. I looked mine up when I found it and figured it was struck by Boo-Ciowan (Board of Revenue), Peking, in the name of emperor Jen Tsung, 1796 - 1820, Name on the coin is Chia Ching. I can't tell from your pic if they are the same coin or not but I do have good pics of mine if you could tell me what I have.

What a beautiful coin! Congratulations on your silver Barber Half. I think the back of those are so beautiful.

Great old Chinese coin too. I've also found an extremely old Chinese coin in a park and one also in a local yard. It took a lot of research to find the age, but I did. My guess is that the military personnel bring them back in years past. Two great finds there!

Thanks for sharing and HH,
Nancy

Calgary coin in Canada! and i live in Georgia USA lol! i found them on line and the site is very good to me. good pictures.

Aaron your coin emperor was right behind mine check the site out.

Fantastic Finds. Great hunt.
It just goes to show, you are never out gunned with an MXT.

Most of those Chinese coins were brought over by Chinese workers.They were here during the gold rush and were used in the building of railroads,plus many other jobs.

and beau remember-- when that coin was declared worthless- replaced- what to do with them???? sell them to Americans for souvineers!!!!!! lol!!!!

Nice finds.

Nice find was it worth it. I guess if it was paid by the hour "not" coins not worth much any more. You can't do this for the money. You will vary rarely find enough to pay for the batteries. There is more and more people doing it. So less and less stuff. What does it for me is the exercise . And the dream of finding that elusive N.Y. doubloon

When Larry and I use to do just cladding, we averaged around $5-$6 an hour. Not too bad really. HH, Nancy