Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

When things go bad...

thsfineday

Woke up early this morning ready to do some detecting after 2 days of rain. Had my coffee and watched the news for the weather.Everything looked good for this morning so I packed up my gear and headed out.I went to my first spot and i found a few clad coins but it sounded like my detector was acting up.It was sounding off for no reason.I noticed that the batteries were getting low and thought this might be the problem. I didn't have my extra batteries so I headed home which was only a mile from where I was. I replaced the batteries and went to the back yard to check the detector.Same problem so I checked the connection and my coil.I noticed a small crack in my coil and water coming out of it.The dew from the plants much have collected in it earlier and that was the cause of my problem.Not sure what to do about it at this point but I wasn't going to let that stop me. I unpacked my larger coil which i use when I go relic hunting and headed on out again. I headed for a lot where a house was recently torn down and headed for the the back yard. Now in this yard is a marker of some kind with a name of a person and the date of 1909-1947. not sure why this is here and I didn't have my camera with me to take a picture. I will head back this week-end to post.Maybe someone knows what this is. Anyways I started to find a few clad coins but al ot of trash from when they tore the house down. I moved further back into the yard away from the foundation and then my first wheatie-1946, and few minutes later another-1955-then a 1927. A few steps later a 1955 quarter came to light. But then that dreaded sound of the cell phone ringing.It was my daughter calling from school wanting to know if I was picking her up. I guess that ended my hunt for now but will get back there again soon. Oh yea the picture of the head was found when digging up my first wheat penny,Just thought I would throw that in.

Yeah get back to that place soon. Dry that coil out with a blow dryer on loew heat then patch the crack and that will most likely solve your problem.

Bill

Good clad finds. Congrats !!

Congrats on the wheats and silver!:clap:WTG!:thumbup:Sorry to see that your having problems with your search coil. Hope you can get that fixed.

Congrats on your finds. That sucks about your coil. Hope you can fix it. :thumbup:

I haven't been able to get out of the house all weekend. Supposed to rain all week.:cry: Nice silver quarter!!!