Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

when to use quick mask?

techtony

I am still in a learning curve with my E-Trac and have lots of things to learn... I was wondering when do you you decide to use the 'Quick Mask" feature? If you have a signal that is 'iffy' and it still sounds "iffy" at a 90 degree change, do you dig or hit the quick mask button? I was wondering if I hit the Quick mask when I had the first "iffy" button it would improve the time to deciding 'dig or not'. Thanks for the help! How often do you use the quick mask feature during your hunts.

i am not technical but try different things when out hunting to give me better results when i get an iffy signal i flick to manual sensitivity by using the left and right hand cursors at the bottom left corner i sweep again the up and down cursors can be used to instantly up and down your manual level it is so quick and gives you a better idea of what is lurking beneath dont bother myself with quickmask hope you try this method and report back as to your findings from across the big pond happy hunting

If you get an iffy signal, switch to quick mask and 90 percent of the time it will show you it's iron

The first way you stated is the way I generally use quick-mask. I wouldn't get into the habit of using before the 90 so much. The reason I say this is the more you are able to "analyze a signal" the more you learn about it. One more way on an "iffy" I'll do, is to go to Quick Mask and also switch to Ferrous tones (if I'm using Conductive) and 2 tones if you like...then I'll play with the signal, and circle and play with it, and circle and play with it. See if you can't get something separated out.

I personally believe Conductive tones will do the same thing, but the Ferrous two tones stand so far out from each other, its a lot easier to tell those than a Conductive tones false.

NebTrac

I know of no function on the E-Trac that will help you make a quicker decision on whether to or not to dig then the Quick Mask Mode.

I have had many iffy signals that while making a complete 360 degree circle of the target I could not get a clean audio reading both directions, but would have at least one direction clean. When this happens I check my Quick Mask screen and again make a complete circle of the target but only making a very narrow sweep maybe no more then 3"'s. If it is iron the target box will settle in the lower right corner, when I see this I simply move on, but if the target box is moving from upper center to the lower right corner and back again I will dig.

I have dug many coins and tokens that had a piece of iron laying right across it or were above the target or very close to the target, and had I not used the Quick Mask screen I would have simply walked away from them. I know of no function on the E-trac that is more useful for identifying good and bad targets. Rick IL