Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

when will xp go multi ?

Would be nice to see XP get new technology to market. The video they have on manufacturing looks very impressive making me think they are very capable of releasing a cutting edge unit again.

i bet they are working on it .

With the whole global economy as bad as it is........not likely.

Be careful what you wish for. I have a CTX and the Deus. Both have their strengths and weaknesses. If your primarily a relic hunter with a multi you just set up and go w/o changing settings. Some of your multi are better water machines also. But multis are lousy where you have a lot of EMI and if you do a lot of really trashy areas where a lot of the good stuff is, the ability to use multiple single freqencies on the deus depending on what you're looking for is a real asset.

True multi frequency must be a tough nut to crack. Whites was a great company and their beach hunter ID did not perform well at all. The V3i was a decent detector but practically worthless on the beach. The old fisher CZ was decent on salt but 1/2 the depth or less than even the Sovereign And talking to Fisher, they admitted in salt mode, it lost sensitivity to small and White Gold. It seems the Apex may have finally landed in the multi frequency space but I’ve not seen one up close. I think the big Austrailia company sealed up the patents on MF but I wondered why when the Sovereign patent expired, someone didn’t jump in. I’m concerned our hobby is on the way out. No coins being carried to lose, people sold their gold and now tungsten, stainless, then wood and silicone rings have taken over. I know of people that used to ind 200 plus gold rings a year, have found 4 or 5 in the entire year. I started detecting in 1973 and have loved the hobby, the Deus is one of my overall favorite detectors of all time for land, need to keep an old standby MF detector for the beach and/or water

I bet XP is working on something more interesting than multi freak. They don’t want something just an increment better.
I have Orx with both 9” coils for wide range of frequencies, WS4 phones for Deus programs and tones. Also an equinox 600. Actually one with 11” coil, one with 6” coil The combination is great. I don’t think I’m lacking in detecting capability.

Be careful what you wish for. I have a CTX and the Deus. Both have their strengths and weaknesses. If your primarily a relic hunter with a multi you just set up and go w/o changing settings. Some of your multi are better water machines also. But multis are lousy where you have a lot of EMI and if you do a lot of really trashy areas where a lot of the good stuff is, the ability to use multiple single freqencies on the deus depending on what you're looking for is a real asset.
You can use any of the single frequency's on the Equinox at any time instead of Multi. Turn on and go hunting is a pleasure and something to strive for where possible. I hunt a Deus and an Equinox all the time.

I like the xp just the way it is. Sometimes I follow a multi frequency around and find what they left behind :)

I think if there was one thing I would like to see XP do is write a program that would sync all the ID numbers thru all the frequencies.