Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

When you hear a sound as loud,clear and deep as this one was you know its gonna be good

pghmole

Went to a undisclosed location near me that has been hunted hard in the past but the 800 is producing silver there.I was deep in a plug when a friendly older fella came up to me and let me know there were electric lines buried in the area and he was worried that we were going to hit one of them.I explained that there were no worries of an accident like that due to 1000s of hours digging over the years and how the electric lines affect the detector and I told him I appreciated his concern.As he was walking away it occured to me to ask about the history of the area and he delivered some great info!We about ran to the area of interest that he pointed out.My buddy was on his first outing with his new 800 and had 4 silvers to my zero in short order.it was dark and we were soaked from the steady rain and I figured I'd give it one last pass on the hillside. 2 minutes later it sounded like a bomb went off in my headset 35-37 showing 4 bars deep!! I literally gasped because I knew it wasnt junk from the sweet pure sound of this one and I said to myself...this is almost too good to be true,I dug down and came up with a half and was hollering to my buddy that I got a half! Then I stuck my pin pointer back in and it went crazy again,I yelled out FRIENDS! When I pulled the second half I sat there in shock for a minute in disbelief followed by the old happy happy dance and a few hoots and hollers lol that was my first big silver spill ever.I did not rub them up on the spot as I figured they could be really good with the history of the area and age of alot of the finds made there.Needless to say I was totally flipping out when I seen one was a barber back at the truck and prayed the second was a Seated half but it turned out to be a Walker and my oldest one of that variety! Happy happy! I'm Lovin' my 800!!! HH. p.s. I cannot orient the picture correctly I tried everything possible sorry

That's a nice lookin' pair:clapping: I have yet to find that nice of a spill. Great thought on research, I have a friend who volunteers at a Senior center and regularly comes up with killer sites, that's true Karma. Yes i'm talking about you Dick:please:
Jeff

pghmole said:
Went to a undisclosed location near me that has been hunted hard in the past but the 800 is producing silver there.I was deep in a plug when a friendly older fella came up to me and let me know there were electric lines buried in the area and he was worried that we were going to hit one of them.I explained that there were no worries of an accident like that due to 1000s of hours digging over the years and how the electric lines affect the detector and I told him I appreciated his concern.As he was walking away it occured to me to ask about the history of the area and he delivered some great info!We about ran to the area of interest that he pointed out.My buddy was on his first outing with his new 800 and had 4 silvers to my zero in short order.it was dark and we were soaked from the steady rain and I figured I'd give it one last pass on the hillside. 2 minutes later it sounded like a bomb went off in my headset 35-37 showing 4 bars deep!! I literally gasped because I knew it wasnt junk from the sweet pure sound of this one and I said to myself...this is almost too good to be true,I dug down and came up with a half and was hollering to my buddy that I got a half! Then I stuck my pin pointer back in and it went crazy again,I yelled out FRIENDS! When I pulled the second half I sat there in shock for a minute in disbelief followed by the old happy happy dance and a few hoots and hollers lol that was my first big silver spill ever.I did not rub them up on the spot as I figured they could be really good with the history of the area and age of alot of the finds made there.Needless to say I was totally flipping out when I seen one was a barber back at the truck and prayed the second was a Seated half but it turned out to be a Walker and my oldest one of that variety! Happy happy! I'm Lovin' my 800!!! HH. p.s. I cannot orient the picture correctly I tried everything possible sorry

First, congrats on your finds. Second, you did the right thing when you asked him about the history of the area. It's a lesson learned, I recently read an article by HugoBorchardt pertaining to "Mastering Getting Permission to Detect". He mentioned carrying on a "friendly conversation with any passerby". See excerpt/quote from the article below.

"I don't really hunt crowded public areas, but I look out for, and smile and wave at every and any passerby on foot or in a vehicle that happens to look my way, even if its just a lady walking her dog. Often people stop and say "Have you found anything?" I will always pause and carry on friendly conversation. I'll tell what I've learned about the history of the area and am most often told something I didn't know (ie "There used to be a church in that vacant lot across the street"). I'll also ask who owns certain property I am interested in detecting. I'll sometimes get something like "Larry Smith owns that. Just go tell him you know Carl. He's cool."

Unfortunately, I can't count how many times I've had a passerby approach me opening up the door to a friendly conversation that would have allowed me to do exactly what Hughborchardt had mentioned. In the future, I will jump on these opportunities.

very nice! That sound is nice too on that detector...

A good conversation can change luck for the better. Those coins are icing on a friendly conversation cake! Congrats!

Killer spill! I had a morgan dollar and a walker right next to each other this sping I almost crapped!

Thanks guys!had an excellent weekend as well,did a private spot Saturday,got skunked Sunday and today was crazy!