Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

When you know it's time to quit for the day!

rsarge1

I was not having a good day started out with all kinds of equipment problems, my sling was all tangled up and my headphones and wireless module came apart, including my GPS over heating from the car, then I was detecting in a park near a tot lot when I was pounced on by a very excited little boy watching me and every time I went to dig he was right there well after a couple more times where I found nothing but trash he turned to me and stated you know what ? they should it a trash detector instead of a metal detector LOL well that's when I knew it was time to quit for the day.

Better luck next time.... Funny kid...

I think we all had days like that, i know i had more than i care to remember.

By the way, unless the kid is family, trailing kids and metal detecting don't mix IMO. I walk away and pack it up when this happens...just say'n.

ironsight said:

By the way, unless the kid is family, trailing kids and metal detecting don't mix IMO. I walk away and pack it up when this happens...just say'n.

Yep fersure. I don't mind polite kids that can take instruction but its really too bad you aren't legally allowed to launch the obnoxious ones over the fence.

lol I really don't mind the little ones so much I guess when you have your own grandkids you build up a little resistance LOL

Yea I hear you but the worst one is driving 40 miles to a spot and not bringing bug dope I will look till I get weak from losing half my blood just because I drove 40 miles .But in the end I give up because I can't concentrate on what I'm doing very erratic coverage just does not work :veryangry: sube

That's when I learned to carry a small bottle of cutters spray with me which I had to buy at the nearest sporting goods store in the town I was at LOL

Champ Ferguson said:
ironsight said:

Yep fersure. I don't mind polite kids that can take instruction but its really too bad you aren't legally allowed to launch the obnoxious ones over the fence.

I had one pesty kid grabbing coins as soon as i uncovered them and another politer kid who just wanted to learn what i was doing.
In both of those cases, the police showed up checking out my license plate number and asking questions. :yikes: Both incidences happened in small neighborhood parks.

With all the stories in the news these days, people are on the paranoid side especially when it comes to kid and a stranger adult brandishing an 8" knife.
I stay way clear of kids these days when detecting.