Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Where’s my Coiltek 10” X5” elliptical coil???

relicmeister

Ordered mine in March and dealer advised due to huge demand could be 4-6 weeks till they come in. Last week they said they have no idea.
Does anyone on the preorder list have any solid info on delivery’s?

Ordered mine in March and dealer advised due to huge demand could be 4-6 weeks till they come in. Last week they said they have no idea.
Don't feel bad, I ordered mine early February and haven't heard a thing.
My detecting season is pretty much over for now but I would still like to be able to test it against the 11" coil in my garden. I'm sure it won't be as deep but how much difference will it be.

You should both be pumping iron in preparation for those heavy beasts.

surely the 10x5 isn't as bad as the 14x9 is it? That 14x9 was much heavier than I was expecting

Really? The 6” is 300 gm, the 11” is 510 gm, and the 10” x 5” is 425 gm. So while significantly heavier than the lightweight 6”,
It is substantially lighter than the stock 11” with
a forward footprint nearly as great as the 11” stock. Now the other two new coils are arm-breakers.

Ergonomics are not all about weight. You will see. Mind you I don't have the coils and am only going by what I've been told.

After using my 5x10" I can honestly say that it fells slight heavier than the 6" but lighter than the 11". Now you've been told the truth. :) I do have mine mounted on an "S" shaft mod'ed Nox 800.

I’ll be happy when Minelab finally sends me the 6” coil that was part of the package I ordered from my dealer a couple of months ago... I should have had enough sense to order from somebody that actually had everything in stock instead of letting Minelab drop ship when they get them back in stock...

When the coil comes in I intend to have two separate shafts and a quick release handle/ control pod. One being a carbon fiber straight shaft and the other being a lightweight S-shaft sold by the crafty Ukrainians. Both have counterweight option. I like s-shafts as they are generally better balanced and put the coil swing a few inches farther out in front of me