Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Where are all the ORX people? Pretty quiet!

I'm still lurking on here just been hot down here in the south and work has kept me from getting out. The ORX is a awesome machine and a pleasure to swing when I do get out.

were out working our orxs :detecting:
but its been hot hot :hot:
orx is a great machine :thumbup:

Frank in NH,

The ORX is a fantastic detector. To me it is easier to setup and operate than the Deus. The two coin/jewelry/relic modes are excellent exports of the Coin Fast and Coin Deep programs from the Deus with a few tweaks and the two Gold programs are even better than the Deus Gold program in my opinion as a gold prospector. It works great in high mineralization and Gary B. recently did a very good video of it at a salt water beach with the salt settings engaged. I owned the Deus and sold it because it did not have ID normalization for the high frequency coils and I couldn't really see the Deus display very well. ORX has ID normalization for all coils and has a much bigger target ID display and nice iron probability scale. Really like it!!!!!

Jeff

Just got mine today! Too hot here for detecting, so I'll have plenty of time to play with and learn the settings before heading out to relic hunt.

I haven't had a chance to relic hunt with mine yet but I'm giving it a workout. Due to some bad weather I had to have the roof on my home and two small barns replaced. The roofers did a horrible job of cleaning up the old nails so I been finding them with the ORX. My impression so far is this is a fantastic detector. Light as a feather and well balanced. Fast as lightning. Incredibly easy to use. It's really a turn on a go machine that allows you to tweak it if you feel you need to. It's super deep in my test garden and the 3 tone audio suits my needs. I can't wait to get this guy out in the woods and do some relic hunting.

I just ordered an XP ORX yesterday so will be frequenting this forum from here on. Is the ORX not very popular ihere
In the US or is it my imagination?

I don't know if it's really popular here in the states due to the popularity of the Equinox. But I can tell you this most people who get a ORX seem to be quite happy with them.

The guys over at XP Team USA are loving the ORX, some interesting water hunting videos have started to appear.

Using my new XP ORX for first time this weekend. A quick hunt last night
got me familiar with basic use. Ready to roll

Great feedback thanks

Just wish it had a few more options such as an additional tone at 4 tones. Some have said they miss options like the horseshoe icon.
I would like the XP company to add to the software base of the Orx..... then might consider getting one. The real competitor to this machine
is the Equinox 800 as they are the same price...... pluses and minuses to each machine. I do like the balance and weight of the Deus and the
best machine is the one you use the most often.

Timecop1967 said:
Just wish it had a few more options such as an additional tone at 4 tones. Some have said they miss options like the horseshoe icon.
I would like the XP company to add to the software base of the Orx..... then might consider getting one. The real competitor to this machine
is the Equinox 800 as they are the same price...... pluses and minuses to each machine. I do like the balance and weight of the Deus and the
best machine is the one you use the most often.

Would love to see a Pitch program for the ORX.