Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Where are Indian Heads hitting on your 3030...

vmaxguy

Thought I'd bring this up, because I know they are there in the area I hunt, but I'm passing them over, because I believe pulltabs come in around the same...Looks like I will have to dig more 12-32 thru 12-36 targets...Love finding them for sure, I just have to concentrate on them...

I second what CopyTech99 said. However, I have found a small amount of pulltabs that have came in around11/12-28/29 but not in the 30s. I think the biggest deterrent to digging Indians is zinc pennies. Although most of the indians I did will hold solid on a number both ways, whereas zinc pennies have a tendency to jump around 3 or 4 spots. For example, an indian might hit 12-33 and a zinc will hit 12-32,33,34,35,36 and bounce some. This isnt always the case and you should dig it all, but just for reference.

When(if) I find one, i'll be glad to tell you. Its my fault as I tend to not dig in that realm unless I am finding a lot of older coins. I've probably passed over a lot in my career.

Good tip on the zincs, Prodigy. Makes sense that a good indian will hold its tone/value and a corroded zinc of a similar reading will be erratic. Thanks for making my brain work today!

12-32 to 12-36 is where the majority of them read at. I have had them in the upper 20s and as high as 12-42, but I think corrosion plays a lot in those weird numbers.

Very true with zincets reading all over and not very good signals Indians are a better metal have more copper in them don't corrode as much as zincets . My Indians come in at 12.35 and corroded ones come in at 12.33 or 12.34 . copper nickel come in at 12.20 to 12.24 but Prodigy is right on the zincets if you work a indian signal you well get a consistent reading one way most of the time unless it is corroded . sube

Great information to everyone above...I know 12.36 seems to be the magic number but I have dug corroded Indians at 12.31 & 32...Hope to concentrate on these next season along with the deep silver that goes with them...

As others have said, it can depend on the soil your digging, the condition of the coin itself, as well as the year the IH cent was minted (metallic composition) e.g. older "fatties" come in the lowest. The Target Separation mode also has an effect on the conductive number, to a lesser degree. As a whole, I've found IH cents anywhere from 12/22 to 12/36. Most zincs I've dug come in at 12/37. And again, as others have mentioned, corroded zincs just don't sound consistent.
Here is a link to a coin chart I have posted over on the CTX Resource Center.
http://www.findmall.com/read.php?87,1731336,1731336#msg-1731336