Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Where is Old Beechnut?

silvercoinboy

I always love his 100+ gold rings per year.

Has he stopped posting to this forum? Or melted them all down and bought his own island?

I think he is on a couple of other forums under a slightly different name and doesn't post as much, either. Think maybe he had a close call water accident some time ago, too. If the same fellow, he is still finding his share of old gold. HH jim tn

Thanks for asking.....I'm still around...digging treasures, just don't post much treasure anymore. I just got back out hunting in Mid June once/twice a week and setting at 21 gold rings for the year. 104 silvers. Kind of limited on how much I can hunt for right now, obligations, caring for my mom. My last two hunts...A week ago (5 gold) and todays (One White gold). Life is Good, Very Blessed to be alive after my Jan accident in the water.
cc.jpg

cccc.jpg

OBN,

You are still the Master!!! I love that you exclusively hunt old beach areas that consistently produce gold.

Glad to hear from you! I look forward to you rolling gold ring totals. Best for your mom also.

Silvercoinboy

Glad to here you are doing good. Glad to hear you are still hunting. I know what you mean about other things keeping you busy. Grand Kids and gardening ,and yard work. Take care stay well. HH

I am glad you are ok and doing well. God bless you and your mom.
You make some Incredible finds!!! Although the ocean isn’t very kind to silver ☹️ Be safe out there - Jim

Many Thanks for the kind words. And Thanks Tvr...
One of my on going projects has been to set my
Excalibur up to where I can hunt rough waters in the Bay. Several years ago I ran my Excalibur from inside my drysuit, it was Amazing how there was very little noise when hunting in close where the water was banging, then even out deep when the detector was submerged in rough water it was (Almost) silent. And this is the pod inside my drysuit. So it got me wondering what if I removed the SS knob shaft that contacted the saltwater, would that help? .......So I removed all except one, the on/off threshold knob. And I made a special knob for it to insulate it from the saltwater and this knob is rather fat at the base, I found that it is easier to fine tune the threshold with the bigger base knob. Then I ran the coil cable inside of the shaft to the pod , the pod was painted with 844 Acrylic ESD shielding, then covered with the carbon fiber wrap. So far I am very happy with the results, My hunting I rely on being able to hear the super faints of all metal, with the above and a few other modifications this is now possible, so far in any conditions. The other day I used one of my regular modified Excalibur's and the noise difference is incredible.

xcal 4.jpg

All of the settings of the removed knobs ... full volume...In the All metal setting...Sensitivity (Between) 8-9 (Hot) ..Disc (1)
xcal 1.jpg

Thanks to Carolina & Tvr for turning me onto Steve's detector shafts.. cam lock..
xcal 5.jpg

The knobs base sets on a Silicon O-Ring, and for right now the allen set screw is coated with aquaseal until I can get a shorter one that will be counter sunk into the knob then sealed with aquaseal. As a double precaution, on the brass potentiometer shaft that the on/off controls, it has a plastic sleeve to keep from being grounded thru the SS shaft.

xcal 6.jpg

The battery setup for the Stealth Excalibur is a 3s 18650 Li-ion battery, Samsung 3500mAh , which should get me over 60 hours runtime.

The second battery is the one I made for the Fisher AQ, with a audio cut off, the AQ is one loud machine when it gets near your scoop, so I cut the audio off when digging.

2.jpg
Inked20210617_192250_HDR - Copy_LI.jpg

Thanks for looking, Good Luck and Be Safe!

Many Thanks for the kind words. And Thanks Tvr...
One of my on going projects has been to set my
Excalibur up to where I can hunt rough waters in the Bay. Several years ago I ran my Excalibur from inside my drysuit, it was Amazing how there was very little noise when hunting in close where the water was banging, then even out deep when the detector was submerged in rough water it was (Almost) silent. And this is the pod inside my drysuit. So it got me wondering what if I removed the SS knob shaft that contacted the saltwater, would that help? .......So I removed all except one, the on/off threshold knob. And I made a special knob for it to insulate it from the saltwater and this knob is rather fat at the base, I found that it is easier to fine tune the threshold with the bigger base knob. Then I ran the coil cable inside of the shaft to the pod , the pod was painted with 844 Acrylic ESD shielding, then covered with the carbon fiber wrap. So far I am very happy with the results, My hunting I rely on being able to hear the super faints of all metal, with the above and a few other modifications this is now possible, so far in any conditions. The other day I used one of my regular modified Excalibur's and the noise difference is incredible.

View attachment 18335
All of the settings of the removed knobs ... full volume...In the All metal setting...Sensitivity (Between) 8-9 (Hot) ..Disc (1)
View attachment 18336

Thanks to Carolina & Tvr for turning me onto Steve's detector shafts.. cam lock.. View attachment 18337

The knobs base sets on a Silicon O-Ring, and for right now the allen set screw is coated with aquaseal until I can get a shorter one that will be counter sunk into the knob then sealed with aquaseal. As a double precaution, on the brass potentiometer shaft that the on/off controls, it has a plastic sleeve to keep from being grounded thru the SS shaft.

View attachment 18338

The battery setup for the Stealth Excalibur is a 3s 18650 Li-ion battery, Samsung 3500mAh , which should get me over 60 hours runtime.

The second battery is the one I made for the Fisher AQ, with a audio cut off, the AQ is one loud machine when it gets near your scoop, so I cut the audio off when digging.

View attachment 18339View attachment 18340

Thanks for looking, Good Luck and Be Safe!
Brilliant as usual Joe…Your wizardry never ceases to amaze me…

That is a very nice set up for your Excaliber. You have made some incredible finds. Continued Success to you and be safe out there in the water. Since I'm unable to give my Mom a hug, give your Mom a hug for me. God's Speed to you both.

That is a very nice set up for your Excaliber. You have made some incredible finds. Continued Success to you and be safe out there in the water. Since I'm unable to give my Mom a hug, give your Mom a hug for me. God's Speed to you both.
Thank You and I will give Mom that hug.

Out today for 3 hours and 15 minute.

3.jpg

Uncleaned..

1.jpg

Nice surprise today, not a lot of targets to be had but first target of the day .. Gold. Next week I need to get in some foot work...., need another good beach so I'm not depending on the same one all of the time. Sands have really shifted at this spot. One Gold and One Silver today. Also need to do some adjustments to the Modified Excalibur, more noise then I liked. Going to go back to the old coil I had on it before..

Good Luck to everyone and Be Safe!
1.jpg

Nice class ring. You get quite a few of those. I find more small bands and not so many big rings or class rings. Have pulled some class rings on visits to Betterton Beach; although they have been recent rings and not old ones. Have not made it there this year. Previous few years would get there two or three times a year ... may not make it there this year as focus is else where. ;-) Was also reading that there may be residency restrictions with all the covid related things. Flag Ponds has been closed to non-county residents for a while and, while not a lot of great detecting finds, we like to visit there too ... good sharks tooth area.

Thanks TVR. On the types of gold rings found, it very odd the way all shift when you hit a different beach. Almost like HS kids had there favorite hangout beaches. Where families had theirs's. And a real oddity, at the same beaches.. I may find mostly HS rings one year then the following year men's gold rings..

I rarely drive far to beach hunt..... Most of the places I hit are no more then 30 minutes away. Betterton I hit once, a long time ago when I was a rookie. Calvert, and St Mary's County, like betterton..to far for me.

This picture is 3 years ago. I can't imagine all of the time and effort that went into the marriages plans, then one of the most important things. The lost wedding bands...If each could tell it's story.

IMG_5882.JPG

OBN, nice to still have mom around, I wish her the best.

You have been at this a very long time and your new ideas and techniques are a terrific result of your passion.
Your new Stealth device is exciting and it makes me want to buy a wet suit and get off the beach and Into the water!
Tony