Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

where is the new deus multi ??

I don't know but if Deus does finally come out with a simultaneously freq detector, I hope it shows which frequency is hitting the hardest. That is one of the V3i's best attributes. Now that Garrett owns the V3i, they would be well suited to take advantage of some of the V3i's capabilities.

Nokta Makro stated that they will be coming out with a simultaneous freq detector this year. And we have the Ace Apex (which I don't know anything about but the independent reviews I listen to seem to be lack-luster)

My question is how many companies can have a simultaneous freq detector without a patent or copyright infringement and how many ways can you configure a machine without violating the patent? And when do these patents run out? Some companies may be well served to wait and amp up their R&D and testing now until these patents run out. Instead of rushing it to just get something out.

I say this because the XP Deus is a winner now and will continue to be because they are a methodical company. When they do release a machine with simultaneous freq, it will be hard to beat. I believe any company can have an SF detector but the algorithms are the heart of making these frequencies work together into usable data. For good measure, Minelab has its technology locked up and probably only a handful of people knows how it works. So how does a company develop a new SF machine not know if they are going to be in violation of current copyright or patent?

This is the kind of crap that rolls around in this small brain of mine, Sorry for the spew

Love both of my XP Deus machines.

The longer I go without my CTX which has been on the blink, the more appreciative I am of the Deus and wonder if I even need a multi since the Deus is really a single multi machine. Those of you who have used the Deus a long time remember when the full tones feature was the rage. I don't hear as many using it now because its noisy if you hunt high trash which is what nox users complain about unless you do jewelry where you have to dig everything anyway.

The longer I go without my CTX which has been on the blink, the more appreciative I am of the Deus and wonder if I even need a multi since the Deus is really a single multi machine. Those of you who have used the Deus a long time remember when the full tones feature was the rage. I don't hear as many using it now because its noisy if you hunt high trash which is what nox users complain about unless you do jewelry where you have to dig everything anyway.
If your running full tones watch calabases video in iron you will miss good stuff!
Mark

the state of the art always moves on ,those who dont keep up will end up like tesoro .dead in the water..

Everyone assumes the next thing will be SMF but maybe it will be something else. Maybe it will be a wireless lightweight PI machine or some completely new capability. What I’m sure it will be is EXPENSIVE!!!

We’ve all used quite a few detectors, each one of us has owned or tested many machines. Deus is a fantastic performing detector and we all have no choice but to see that.

I think that if SMF was the whole future of VLF then we would already be there. It’s been around long enough that if it was the only way to top performance they’d all have it in some form.

I’ve used the DEUS and Nox in the same sites here lately. I got a DEUS with a couple coils and I got another Nox after selling off my first one. BassTrackerMan came by and in the garden his Nox could not be denied. So I bought another one. The Nox is mellow and DEEP. But, with that supposed huge advantage and obsoletion over VLF, I find I only use Field 1 and it just does what it does. I hunt f2 0 all the time and any other mode just don’t work well for me. Field 1 is calm and DEEP.
Deus is a detector that I use several programs and settings and frequencies and tone modes, depending on site. And using it with only ws5 and full tones is a great experience in detecting. No other detector I’ve used has provided the audio quality and target information through tone like this detector. The fun factor is alive and well on this machine. And that’s what keeps it on top. It’s the best.

Wasn't it Xp that got in trouble for patent infringement with minelab a few yrs ago. Maybe Xp already has a SMF ready to blow our minds? Now that would be cool!

We’ve all used quite a few detectors, each one of us has owned or tested many machines. Deus is a fantastic performing detector and we all have no choice but to see that.

I think that if SMF was the whole future of VLF then we would already be there. It’s been around long enough that if it was the only way to top performance they’d all have it in some form.

I’ve used the DEUS and Nox in the same sites here lately. I got a DEUS with a couple coils and I got another Nox after selling off my first one. BassTrackerMan came by and in the garden his Nox could not be denied. So I bought another one. The Nox is mellow and DEEP. But, with that supposed huge advantage and obsoletion over VLF, I find I only use Field 1 and it just does what it does. I hunt f2 0 all the time and any other mode just don’t work well for me. Field 1 is calm and DEEP.
Deus is a detector that I use several programs and settings and frequencies and tone modes, depending on site. And using it with only ws5 and full tones is a great experience in detecting. No other detector I’ve used has provided the audio quality and target information through tone like this detector. The fun factor is alive and well on this machine. And that’s what keeps it on top. It’s the best.
The Deus is a great detector and I’ve used both and the equinox also I like the tones much better on the equinox way more clear and discernible to me ..
I have a friend I also detect with and he agrees but I can tell just by my finds ratio which is why I prefer the nox but that’s my own finding...
Watch calabash pitch video in iron using full tones you will miss good targets if in full tones with iron.
Mark

The Deus is a great detector and I’ve used both and the equinox also I like the tones much better on the equinox way more clear and discernible to me ..
I have a friend I also detect with and he agrees but I can tell just by my finds ratio which is why I prefer the nox but that’s my own finding...
Watch calabash pitch video in iron using full tones you will miss good targets if in full tones with iron.
Mark
Lots of people with more experience than me around here, I understand and respect that. And I love seeing what everybody digs. Y’all do friggin awesome out there. Some of you get so much silver I can’t fathom it.

But I just destroyed iron patches back home in fast program, using full tones. Non ferrous bits just blasting out the iron. Here’s the keepers using full tones in the iron, about 20 hours of hunting about 3 different fields. Not earth shattering but fun and productive.
Pitch tones does have the advantage in iron as the disc is the tone break so you can really hone it down to break just over a nail. Yet another reason it’s just got more versatility than any other machine out there. You can really pick it clean. But in this case I just dug nice bright tones and did very well. A very fun machine to learn.

the DEUS is older in design than most current top models. The fact that it feels more modern when in use compared to those machines speaks volumes.
Example: ANFIBIO
1B0EC484-3C12-44F8-AB6C-35EF02C75F8B.jpeg

If your running full tones watch calabases video in iron you will miss good stuff!
Mark
I've seen it Mark. Haven't used it for years. Been wanting to ask you. Please tell me you didnt find the $5.00 gold piece. I've lusted for one a long time but will have to buy I'm sure(hehe)

I have a dealer friend who sold me my ctx. He uses the nox mostly now because of the weight but said he still thinks the ctx is a little deeper. Guess there's no perfect one--yet.

I've seen it Mark. Haven't used it for years. Been wanting to ask you. Please tell me you didnt find the $5.00 gold piece. I've lusted for one a long time but will have to buy I'm sure(hehe)
I did find that my first year detecting it’s a $2.50 I also detect with a friend who also found one a $2.50.Mine was attached to a sterling money clip which I had the bezel around the coin removed.
I found mine with a Etrac though not my equinox he found his with a AT Pro I believe so I’m kind of partial to minelab lol..
Just had a killer 2.5 hour school hunt today my coin is on top my friend Fred’s is on bottom
HH
Mark

Attachments

• 3E73D49F-C76A-489C-9854-D647D1A8E558.png
    3E73D49F-C76A-489C-9854-D647D1A8E558.png
    2.8 MB · Views: 138
  • 789BED1F-4430-4580-8F31-A8E60DF10FE3.jpeg
    789BED1F-4430-4580-8F31-A8E60DF10FE3.jpeg
    279 KB · Views: 137
  • FBB9E27C-8EEA-4D20-8BF5-A6AE2E5ADC6F.png
    FBB9E27C-8EEA-4D20-8BF5-A6AE2E5ADC6F.png
    3.1 MB · Views: 142
  • A9697A4B-66C8-4EBF-8691-AE8CE5E64F5C.png
    A9697A4B-66C8-4EBF-8691-AE8CE5E64F5C.png
    3.1 MB · Views: 146
Last edited:

Agree with you ORH. The audio is superior. There is so much to the audio and the other companies should give more attention to. Deus does make it fun. More times that I can count I have dug junk even though I know that the audio gave clear signals that it was a low percentage target.
Enjoy the journey

i read somewhere that GPR is available on a chip now ,so maybe they will jump the lot of em with something novel

The multi-frequency fad may have already faded a bit. I have heard for a given target single frequency is better. Never compared it, but I been over an area a guy took a Nox over many times. Found several pieces of silver and a 10K gold ring. How do you miss silver?

I have the Nox and the Deus. My Deus is definitely deeper in my ground.
The Nox is a great machine but I can also say the Anfibio multi is also much deeper in my ground.

A few videos I've watched on the Nox offer the following tip: Once you find a target in with simultaneous multi-frequency, check it on a single frequency to see if it's worth digging (e.g., if you get a high tone that isn't so clean in MF, check it at 4 khz to see if it sound better).

That's fine advice. But how much difference is there between that and, say, hunting with the Deus in 14 khz and checking targets with a higher or lower freq? Seems to defeat the purpose of the Nox and its MF.

Everyone assumes the next thing will be SMF but maybe it will be something else. Maybe it will be a wireless lightweight PI machine or some completely new capability. What I’m sure it will be is EXPENSIVE!!!
Whites had a patent for a detector that combined PI and VLF. Garrett owns that patent now. If Garrett can make that come to fruition, it would be new tech. I think Whites just didn't want to spend or have the resources to continue development.