Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Where is the weight of this machine stated?

etracjoe

I did not see the weight stated anywhere. Point me if I'm wrong please. Looks to me that will not be any heavier than the Etrac......and maybe a better balace. My guess would be 3.5 pounds

Some accurate information seems to be coming out from Russian or Finish forums. So far it looks like they have been right on a few accounts.

Though it is 5.3 pounds vs. 4.8 pounds on the E-Trac, it is perfectly balanced and feels much lighter than the E-Trac, I hear.

Since it's a water machine they apparently added some weight I would imagine.

Somebody posted the exact weight but I don't remember. All I know is it's over 5 pounds. That's a big negative, along with the price, as the two main things many Minelab users wanted was a lighter machine and a lower price.

Let's take an informal poll...I know we don't know much at this point so that can change drastically, but without getting into detail what are people's gut feelings about the success of failure of the machine just based on what we know now? Price, weight, and what looks to be like too many features such as GPS (think Whites) crammed into a machine. Is it a Edsel or the next best thing since sliced bread? I'd vote Edsel, and that's coming from a BIG Minelab fan who has owned a lot of machines over the years. The main reason why I left Whites was they seemed to think cramming too many features into a machine made up for what I really was concerned about....Performance. I'm probably way off base but from what I gather so far with GPS and all that it just seems like a lot of flash and not details on where it really matters...Performance. Seems to me they would have emphasized any performance increases even in that limited press release.

Somebody mentioned all the extra features being crammed into cars these days that are raising the price and not really wanted by the public. Tire pressure sensors? I just look at my tires before I get in. Seatbelt alerts? Don't tell me when I feel the need to wear a seatbelt. I turned it off so it wouldn't keep beeping when I just want a quick run up to the local gas station for smokes. Email alerts to you about when your car is ready for a tune up? Again, I just look at the milage on your odometer and know when oil changes and all that are due.

STOP THE TRAIN BECAUSE I WANT TO GET OFF!!! Too much information! I don't care about flashy fancy features. All I care about is raw depth and I'll do the rest. Anybody else feel that way?

Critterhunter said:
Somebody posted the exact weight but I don't remember. All I know is it's over 5 pounds. That's a big negative, along with the price, as the two main things many Minelab users wanted was a lighter machine and a lower price.

Well it would not be more than an E-Trac with the Sunray probe attached which many use.

Performance. I'm probably way off base but from what I gather so far with GPS and all that it just seems like a lot of flash and not details on where it really matters...Performance. Seems to me they would have emphasized any performance increases even in that limited press release.

Well no one can make a judgement about performance until they try it out themselves or read reviews from someone they trust. Don't we need to wait and see what transpires before we overly praise it or overly condem it?

Somebody mentioned all the extra features being crammed into cars these days that are raising the price and not really wanted by the public. Tire pressure sensors? I just look at my tires before I get in. Seatbelt alerts? Don't tell me when I feel the need to wear a seatbelt. I turned it off so it wouldn't keep beeping when I just want a quick run up to the local gas station for smokes. Email alerts to you about when your car is ready for a tune up? Again, I just look at the milage on your odometer and know when oil changes and all that are due.

Well all I know I and my wife and at the time my unborn daughter are all alive because of seatbelts, and I learned to drive when there were no such things as seatbelts in a regular car, I am glad you do not need to be reminded but there are many others that are alive because they were.

STOP THE TRAIN BECAUSE I WANT TO GET OFF!!! Too much information! I don't care about flashy fancy features. All I care about is raw depth and I'll do the rest. Anybody else feel that way?

Well then if I were you I would not buy one you do have that option just as others have the option to see what it can do and make their decision in a reasonable and timely manner. We have heard from many nay sayers and also from many ready to jump on board just because it says Minelab and it is new. I think we should wait and see what it can do. IMHO

Critter I can hear what your saying but I still think we have to wait to see what it really can do. "Raw" power is good but for some we need to have other things that help determine weather to dig or not and better target information. I agree that bells and whistles can only go so far but how do we know they went too far until we see what this machine is all about. Gps sounds like a sales gimmick and so does a color display unless they help in determing the id of a target and help you hit a new area of the beach you past over the last 10 times out. Weight is a huge concern with hobbyists and I'm pretty sure minelab took this into account when producing this machine. What I'm saying is I think we might be overthinking this whole thing. I am dying to see what its all about but I think there is already too much negativity out there for us not to have all the facts. Everyone is concerned about the "suggested" reatail. When was the last time you purchased something at that price. Well for me hardly ever unless it is a need and I could not get a bargain elsewhere. Not many items are sold at the suggested retail. They usually put that price on an item so that when they sell the at half price it looks like your getting a deal. If it were my guess I would say $200-$300 above Etrac considering the Etrac is $200 more than the xe pro. And there is no competition with excalibur because you cannot dive with the ctx. And I know first hand that the Etrac hurt explorer sales because coming from no detecting backround I purchased the Etrac because I figured " well its only $200 more than explorer and must do more" How many others had the same mind set? Course the salesman made a big deal over the usb port too which I really never used but is helpful for some people.

Good points, but I think it will be at least $400 to $600 more expensive than the Etrac or it will hurt Etrac sales. The Etrac is too new to lower the price one. If it was only a few hundred dollars more it would hurt their best interest to have the Etrac sales still remain strong.

Critterhunter said:
Good points, but I think it will be at least $400 to $600 more expensive than the Etrac or it will hurt Etrac sales. The Etrac is too new to lower the price one. If it was only a few hundred dollars more it would hurt their best interest to have the Etrac sales still remain strong.

I agree with this, coming from a retail background, now there may be an "introductory" price for a short period of time to get enough of them out there hoping for positive feedback. I hope they do have enough of a stock to fulfill the initial demands because telling people they have to wait months is not going to cut it. I do not see any price reduction in E-Tracs in fact it was not too long ago there was a price increase. Well we just need to be patient I know I am not going to be out rushing to buy one I always like to see some practical experience reported before committing.

I another forum one of people who have actually used the detector (but can't say much before May 11) said: "It may weigh more than the E-Trac, but the balance will give the impression it's lighter". Based on that I guess that the weight of just over 5 pounds is correct but the balance is good.

a different forum. Keeps me out of the NDA jail. At least for the time being! HH Randy

Digger said:
a different forum. Keeps me out of the NDA jail. At least for the time being! HH Randy
Say what you will about this marketing strategy but it isn't exactly fair to those who have tested the detector or have inside knowledge for other reasons. It's one thing that have to keep your mouth shut for 48 hours but then to have to wait another week before being able to answer even the most simple question or correct major misunderstandings based on a 30 sec vid and a couple of photos must be a pain. Guess that was why Gordon couldn't sit still anymore.

Heelgrasper said:
Say what you will about this marketing strategy but it isn't exactly fair to those who have tested the detector or have inside knowledge for other reasons. It's one thing that have to keep your mouth shut for 48 hours but then to have to wait another week before being able to answer even the most simple question or correct major misunderstandings based on a 30 sec vid and a couple of photos must be a pain. Guess that was why Gordon couldn't sit still anymore.

Believe me, I fully and completely understand Gordon's frustration. You can't imagine how aggravating it is to not be able to step in and correct the misleading information that is floating around. Let alone share the real reasons we're so excited. I've not said anything about this marketing strategy. I remember that, when I signed up for the ride, I wouldn't be behind the wheel making the decisions on how to get there. Fair or not, that is the way it is. HH Randy

May the real reason you are exited be that it is capable of correct ID a good but deeper then the FBS and do it even better. And in more iron...

Digger said:
Heelgrasper said:

Believe me, I fully and completely understand Gordon's frustration. You can't imagine how aggravating it is to not be able to step in and correct the misleading information that is floating around. Let alone share the real reasons we're so excited. I've not said anything about this marketing strategy. I remember that, when I signed up for the ride, I wouldn't be behind the wheel making the decisions on how to get there. Fair or not, that is the way it is. HH Randy

Gosh guys aren't we adults here...we are acting like kids at Christmas time...it just 5 days away so a little patience would be good. Hey if it wasn't for the guys who test it out and make IMPORTANT and REALISTIC suggestions we would not have the quality of products that we do have. GIVE THEM A BREAK!

buyers might be tempted despite the mega price if it has some spectacular leap in precision discrim, but a heavy machine will turn them off