Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Where to send e-trac for repair?

Acornhead

Something is definately wrong with my machine. Went last night
Seemed good, did noise cancelation and checked
Coil jack connection to
Make sure it was tight. Found an Indian a few wheaties. However, today started the weird low tones
After 15 minutes. Lowered the sens to +2, noise canceled about 10 times. Raised the coil and swept it over
The Indian, no sound. Dropped it on the ground, swept the coil, no sound? I live in buffalo, ny.
Where would be the best repair location? Called Minrelab over and over
No one picked up, no answer machine? What's that about?
Des in Buffalo

You sure seem to be having a lot of issues with your etrac.

Before you send it in, a couple basics;
-Indian IDs can be inconsistant as hell especially the deeper ones. Did you try sweeping over a modern clad Quarter?
If the etrac recognized the Quarter i'd suspect your pattern is nulling out that Indian. Indians can sometimes ID conductive lower than a zinc penny for example.
Try sweeping the Indian with a wide open Quick Mask. If it detects the Indian, there's likely pilot error.

-Far as the low tone unstability, sure hope you're not doing your testing in the house. Are you?

If you're still convinced the etrac is toast, try a Master Reset. You'll lose any custom patterns.
A Master Reset is probably one of the first things the Minelab tech will have you try.

By the way, i've never had a serious problem contacting Minelab tech support in Illinois. Yeah i did have to call a couple times to get someone over there to answer.

Thanks for the suggestions. No I was testing it outside. As far as the Indian I just found it 10 minutes prior so my pattern was definitely picking up Indian head pennies. I'll try the master reset. I've used the machine a lot. Somethings definitely not right

I have sent mine in twice this season, I always emailed them and they always got back to me within a couple hours or less. Super fast turn around time(called me on around noon to talk over the problem and it was back to me the next day).

Sounds good. But where did you send it? I live in Buffalo New York. Bought it
From gold digger in New Jersey so I'll try him for suggestions.
Looks like there 's one in Florida

if you do have to send it in, from my one experience with them its a fast turnaround and they will fix you up right. I would also suggest just doing a complete master reset....who knows something might have gone loopy.....worth a try at least.