Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Where's Fisher ?

miserman

I've used Fisher/First Texas products for the last 30+ years and always enjoyed their great detectors. The F75 has been my main detector for quite some time and I was happy with their continued improvement of it after it first came out. Improvments such as DST and Boost Process. It has been quite some time since they have released any new options on their product line. When looking thru detecting magazines I noticed they are not doing any advertising and some dealers have stopped carrying their detectors. I was hoping they would make an F75 with Multi-Frequency among other things but nothing seems to be in the works. The F75 is still a great machine but it looks like technology may be passing them by....Any body else still "hoping" for big news from First Texas ?

Everyone seems to want the "latest greatest" and think their detector is being left behind. When I was in my 20's long ago, I raced motocross. It was the same thing, new was always better even though occasionally in the expert class I would get lapped by someone using an older "inferior" bike. I eventually learned that the motocross bike was much better than I was. I have been caught up in the same thing with metal detectors but I can't really say I find more with say my Impact than my T2. One is more adjustable, the other is lighter. My old Compadre can still do things the T2 and Impact won't. Tesoro and Whites both were bad mouthed for not producing a new detector every year and closed shop. Check the price on an old Nautalus detector. Nokta/Makro makes new ones almost every year and when they do the resale on the next newest goes to pieces. To some like Dankowski, another tenth of an inch depth makes a big difference but from an article on his sight, not in bad iron where the only thing that works is removing all the iron debris. I have over a dozen detectors, each newer and "improved" over the older. With my limited ability I don't see much difference. Maybe something is better than your F75 but you couldn't prove it by me. If you see a shortcoming in its use, by all means try something else you think will alleviate the problem. To me "opening up new ground" means listening better.

I've been a strong Fisher advocate for near 3 decades and the F 75 was my main swing for 15+ years. I hate to say it, but the 75 and First Texas are slowly but surely getting left in the dust. I had hopes they would get into the multi frequency game as SMF detectors simply are deeper and better in iron and trashy park type settings and mineralized ground. Maybe at some point they will, but I for one, am loosing hope. HH jim tn

I've used Fisher/First Texas products for the last 30+ years and always enjoyed their great detectors. The F75 has been my main detector for quite some time and I was happy with their continued improvement of it after it first came out. Improvments such as DST and Boost Process. It has been quite some time since they have released any new options on their product line. When looking thru detecting magazines I noticed they are not doing any advertising and some dealers have stopped carrying their detectors. I was hoping they would make an F75 with Multi-Frequency among other things but nothing seems to be in the works. The F75 is still a great machine but it looks like technology may be passing them by....Any body else still "hoping" for big news from First Texas ?
I've used Fisher brand detectors since I bought the Orion 121 from my brother back in March or April of '72. Used a lot of them and owned maybe a dozen of them through the years, including three of the F75 series in the recent past, but never kept them around too long or use them heavily because, at those times, I had a lot of regular-use units. Sometimes owning 1, 2 or 3 dozen detectors at a time. Then, while in the hospital in early December, I was thinking through all the detectors I had, and planned to get, and that means some to part with because I set a new limit on myself to not own more than 10 personal-use detectors. Well, i was down to my 10-unit Detector Team, but still doing some adding and thinning out what I needed to in order to have what worked for me, have what I liked and enjoyed using, and set my goal to learn anything 'new-to-me' when acquired.

I have added one brand new detector a month ago, the Fisher F75+, and have an old friend returning to my fold that might arrive Saturday. That's my trusty, reliable, White's XLT. All the other detectors in my 'Team' I haver learned over the years and know their strengths an weaknesses well. Now I am a month into getting to know, and like, the F75+ and what it features and offers in performance for my needs. Of course that also means checking out an assortment of small and mid-size coifs to select the two best suited for the F75+ and places I'll likely grab it to handle the task-at-hand. The F75+ has DST, bP, and all the features and functions of the former F75's that I wanted.

As for advertising and marketing, that was and is a weak point for a lot of manufacturers: Tesoro, White's, and the threesome from FTP, Bounty Hunter, Teknetics and Fisher. All those popular "Treasure Hunting" magazines are long gone. So-called 'Local Dealer' and detector dealers in general are, also, things of the past. Internet Mail Order is the trend and folks are buying sight unseen, and from a seller who doesn't have any experience or ability to provide any hands-on assistance before or after a sale. A lot fewer 'visible' dealers, and here in the USA we have seen detecting clubs dwindle down to very few, and we don't see all the detecting activity from them like Competition Hunts, etc. Since 2015 I have hosted 13 Welcome-to-Hunt Outings, for 5 days, over the past 7 years, but who else, individual, group or club, have been hosting metal detecting outings that are open to the public?

Manufacturers changed their way of marketing, such as FTP. Three different brands, and they use different marketing methods between them. It's a hobby that a lot of us enjoy, but it is, and has been, a dwindling activity here in the US compared to many other world-wide places. As for the over-touted SMF, Multi-Frequency concept, ... some of them I like and many I don't ... I have hoped for FTP to jump into that market for quite a while now. Just one model is all they need, for those who want one and for the applications they might work OK in. But Single-Frequency detectors can still, and often, out-perform a lot of the SMF models. They all have their good and bad points, I do have one SMF in my Detector Team, but the other 9 are excellent working Single-Frequency units.

What kind of depth are you getting ?
What kind of 'depth' are you looking for, or what size & type targets, and what are the targets you're trying to find 'at depth' as well as the locations conditions such as trash metal free or modest debris, or a lot of ferrous and non-ferrous junk? For "Coin Hunting" or looking for larger-size "Relics" or hidden "Caches?"

Everyone seems to want the "latest greatest" and think their detector is being left behind. ... have been caught up in the same thing with metal detectors but I can't really say I find more with say my Impact than my T2. One is more adjustable, the other is lighter. My old Compadre can still do things the T2 and Impact won't. Tesoro and Whites both were bad mouthed for not producing a new detector every year and closed shop. Check the price on an old Nautalus detector. Nokta/Makro makes new ones almost every year and when they do the resale on the next newest goes to pieces. To some like Dankowski, another tenth of an inch depth makes a big difference but from an article on his sight, not in bad iron where the only thing that works is removing all the iron debris. I have over a dozen detectors, each newer and "improved" over the older. With my limited ability I don't see much difference. Maybe something is better than your F75 but you couldn't prove it by me. If you see a shortcoming in its use, by all means try something else you think will alleviate the problem. To me "opening up new ground" means listening better.
I agree about your T2 and Impact comparison because all detectors have their good and bad points, too. And my non-display Tesoro's can still do things a lot of more featured units can't. Yes, Tesoro and White's got picked on for not putting out something new and different very oft3en, but that's not really why they closed shop. Tesoro's big weakness was in marketing, and a bit of design flub-up with some models toward their end. White's was a combination of marketing issues; having a rush-to-market with some models which had unfished design from lack of testing combined with terrible marketing .. which included bad videos; and maintaining higher MSRP on most models that were higher than the competition that had either reduced some prices or brought out new products at a competitive price.

I also have a lot of detectors and all of them can do certain things quite well, while also fall a little short of another model in other performance abilities. Haven't found a perfrct all-purpose detector year in well over a half-century, and don't think we are going to see one in the near future, either.

As I adjust my 10-model Detector tam with one acquisition arriving today and another perhaps on Saturday, I know them an their capabilities, but I also know my F75+ and coil selections so I am definitely fine about performance and comfort with all of them.

I've been a strong Fisher advocate for near 3 decades and the F 75 was my main swing for 15+ years. I hate to say it, but the 75 and First Texas are slowly but surely getting left in the dust. I had hopes they would get into the multi frequency game as SMF detectors simply are deeper and better in iron and trashy park type settings and mineralized ground. Maybe at some point they will, but I for one, am loosing hope. HH jim tn
I am glad i added a new F75+ to stay in the game, and I wouldn't mind seeing Fisher bring out a SMF to compete in the multi-frequency game, and it wouldn't have to be a high-dollar or over-featured detector, either. SMF's do have some strong points for certain applications or for some select hunting environments. However, I do not believe they are necessarily "deeper" or "better in iron" than some of the good Single-Frequency detectors we have now or have had in recent years. The only way to know is by side-by-side comparison on the same located target ay the same time.

Back to Fisher and the current status of product development and how things get marketed. Yes, it feels like Fisher, and FTP as a whole, are going to be a key product in the future without some sort of new entry, likely an SMF, that can grab the attention and interest of the current market. Unfortunately, there are too many videos out promoting SMF's and very few that bring out the good points of Single-Frequency detectors. And it has been the better Single-Frequency detectors, like the 13 kHz Fisher F75's, that have been keeping so many of us out enjoying this great sport with a lot of very successful, productive searches.

Just my thoughts.

Monte

Couldn't have said it better. As much as I didn't want to, I jumped on the SMF bandwagon and I'm not about to jump off. If Fisher would bring out an SMF for a decent price and quality build, I'd probably sell what I have to get it. I loved their products and I still do and their customer service has been better than any other brand I've had.

Last edited:
What kind of depth are you getting ?
The Detech website says it gets about the same as an 8" coil. I know my Bigfoot on my DFX only get 6 to 8 inches deep, but on my soil here in West Canada that's all i need to hit most coins and Jewelry. You can cover large areas very fast and the
pinpoint is right on the front tip so its super easy to locate items. I use my old Whites 5900 Pro and 6000 Di Pro SL and my M.L. Musketeer to go deep.

I would assume they are getting out of the detector business not enough to be made. They never followed up on the new czs or the new pi they were touting. All comes to an end 😪 such is life.
The Nokta, Makro , Minelab companies have good sense what is in demand. The Fisher brand will go the way of Whites and Tesoro if they don't do likewise. It's a shame because the CZ series is still amazing to use. The F75 could easily be upgraded to pull in a huge profit too.

Hea guys I have a new in the box "CORS" 9.5" X 5.5" D.D .Will fit the Fisher 75 and the Fisher 70 works perfect .Will sell for $94 shipped will do P.P. or M.O. For more details glock17@suddenlink.net
Thank you CJM

Attachments

• P4140502.JPG
    P4140502.JPG
    112.6 KB · Views: 124
  • P4170517.JPG
    P4170517.JPG
    65.8 KB · Views: 126
  • P4170519.JPG
    P4170519.JPG
    62.4 KB · Views: 124
  • P4200520.JPG
    P4200520.JPG
    79.6 KB · Views: 140
I’m getting back into the hobby (was never serious) and have an old F2. I’m now planning to purchase either a Garret AT Pro or an Equinox. So to your point, nothing is jumping off the page at me from Fisher? Any thoughts on my choices? Thanks much!

I’m getting back into the hobby (was never serious) and have an old F2. I’m now planning to purchase either a Garret AT Pro or an Equinox. So to your point, nothing is jumping off the page at me from Fisher? Any thoughts on my choices? Thanks much!
Maybe start again where you left off with the F2 and get the basics down. Try getting out a couple times a week to improve your swing and digging habits. If you still want to hunt more this Fall,then the AT Pro or the Equinox are both good choices.

People can say the F75 has been left behind but try to find a used one! For a while you would see used ones on the big auction site but not so much anymore.

Everyone seems to want the "latest greatest" and think their detector is being left behind. When I was in my 20's long ago, I raced motocross. It was the same thing, new was always better even though occasionally in the expert class I would get lapped by someone using an older "inferior" bike. I eventually learned that the motocross bike was much better than I was. I have been caught up in the same thing with metal detectors but I can't really say I find more with say my Impact than my T2. One is more adjustable, the other is lighter. My old Compadre can still do things the T2 and Impact won't. Tesoro and Whites both were bad mouthed for not producing a new detector every year and closed shop. Check the price on an old Nautalus detector. Nokta/Makro makes new ones almost every year and when they do the resale on the next newest goes to pieces. To some like Dankowski, another tenth of an inch depth makes a big difference but from an article on his sight, not in bad iron where the only thing that works is removing all the iron debris. I have over a dozen detectors, each newer and "improved" over the older. With my limited ability I don't see much difference. Maybe something is better than your F75 but you couldn't prove it by me. If you see a shortcoming in its use, by all means try something else you think will alleviate the problem. To me "opening up new ground" means listening better.
Had a 1974 Honda Cr 125 Elsinore fun machine. They did make huge leaps with suspension but the engines being water cooled helped so you didn't have to rebuild as often. It always gets better. Have no idea what a 125 would feel like now. Probably pretty nice. My last ride was a 1982 Yamaha Xj650J nice bike. It sits in the shed on my parents farm.