Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Which batteries are you grabbing?

larryk56

Thought this might be a good topic.

What batteries are you reaching for these days?

Energizer
Duracell
Nicads
Ray O Vac

Whatever is cheaper?

Hi Capacity "LSD's" Nickle Metal
and some middle of the road alkaline's for backups.

Mark

I been getting Duracells and was just wondering how they
compared to other brands.

I never heard of the ones you mentioned. Are they
the rechargeable?

ive been using the sunbeam gold batteries i get them at the dollar store and they last as long as the leading brand ones. cant beat the price and they work just fine

I've used them all and noticed this...Duracell coppertops, all I find is pennys...Energizers, I just keep going and going and get home too late...the cheap Chinese batteries from the dollar store, half an hour after a hunt, I want to go hunting again!:rofl: Seriously, I dont notice any difference and even got a pack of 20 El Cheapos from the lumberyard last year that worked just fine, and had a 2 dollar rebate, you can run the F70 nearly down to 0 charge...it takes a lot of hunting to wear out the batteries...I just changed mine this week for the second time of the year.
Mud

larryk56 said:
I been getting Duracells and was just wondering how they
compared to other brands.

I never heard of the ones you mentioned. Are they
the rechargeable?

Yep! they're rechargeable!
"LSD" stands for "Low Self Discharge"! unlike regular rechargeable's these can be stored for up to a year and still have a usable charge in them.

Mark

I run interstates,there halve the price of the leading brands and last just as long......hh rick in mi.

I like the RAY O VACs. :shrug:

HH
Mike

Go for a brand name and buy in bulk....Duracells or Energizers usually are in my units as Sams club usually sells them in bulk...Stay away from the dollar store ones and the soundalike rip offs...

I also use Duracell or Energizers as my main alkaline batteries. I get which ever is on sale a Costco or BJ's.

However... if you would like to make a really informed decison on which batteries to use... take a look at the following link:

BATTERIES in a portable world

-NEBeachcomber