Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Which coil for ORX ??

Tony-Ok

Looking for any input on which coil to get on ORX 9”HF or 9”X35 ?? Pros and cons for a yard hunting coin hunter......... (No-parks) ...... these coils are expensive and I can’t have both ! 🇺🇸😃

If you hunt for really small low to mid conductor targets like micro gold jewelry, small gold nuggets, smaller deep stuff or hunt in high mineralization the HF 9" coil would be my choice since it has higher frequencies and only goes down to 13 kHz. If you are mostly looking for bigger targets or silver in mild to moderate dirt the X35 9" would be my choice since it has the 4 kHz boost and goes up to 28 kHz. On paper anyway the X 35 coils are the best all around coils. In high mineralization they can't compete with the HF coils. Just my opinions from experience.

Jeff

9 inch HF coil Is the one I like the most. I have had no problems finding smaller targets at depth and also it is great on coins too. Plus it has lower emi interference due to the battery being in the stem. If you have higher mineralized ground the HF coil would do better anyway.

Agree with bigtim and jmaclen 100%. Have heard hf round is getting hard to find due to XP having had a shutdown due to Covid And high gold prices so there’s a backlog.

the 9" round HF has more power, and finds high conductors fine at the 13.3--15khz and the other higher Khz do well on low conductors

I have the 9" X35, the Elliptical HF, and the 9" round HF coils. I'm in AZ with fairly high mineralized soil. My favorite is the 9" round HF coil. I find that I don't use the X35 because I don't have a need for the lower frequencies because we don't have any really old parks, where I'd be trying to punch deep for old coins. 95% of my hunting is in ghost town type sites or hunting old home sites and lots that are iron infested. The speed of the XP detectors along with the higher frequencies help to pull masked targets. There's been lower frequency detectors swung over most everything around here and the higher frequencies offer me a chance to pull targets that other detectors may have missed due to their lower frequencies.

IF your a coin hunter get the X35. The lower frequencies will do a hair better on coins. Plus you get the added boost mode and option to change your Transmit power. If you hit some tuff ground or iron type sites it still can b switched to the 28 kHz to handle iron or high mineralization. So basically you get the best of both worlds. You really cant go wrong with either choice. They both are great coils. You just have more options with the X35s. One really cool benefit to the Hf coils is you can easily switch out the battery being its in the lower stem. Even with that being said on a full charge both coils will run longer than you can hunt in a single day. :twodetecting:

Definitely avoid older LF coils since ORX isn't backwards compatible. I may be the only one who didn't know that, but if not then learn from my mistake. lol