Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Which coil would handle the beach better

Waterdog

I had a friend go to Crescent city beach in Northern California and they told me that the xp deus did not do well with the stock coil. I was wondering if the HF elliptical coil would do better . Any thoughts on this?
Thank you

First, we'd really have to work the same beach and consider all the settings used as well as the search coil and operating frequency before we could answer your specific question. You only asked about the coil, but no clarification on the operating frequency used or other settings.

Second, I don't own a Deus, only a pair of ORX devices, so the Deus might have some adjustment functions that could make a difference .... for better or worse depending on the settings.

Third, I don't live close to a coastal beach but I will be making a saltwater beach hunt in the next few weeks to see what works for me where I go.

Fourth, I am just now working with the 9" X35 DD coil to get a handle on the strong and weak points for the places I generally hunt. When I bought my first ORX, I got it with the 5X9½ HF DD coils, and so far that is the combination [size=small](ORX w/5X9½ HF)[/size] I am enjoying the most. I did hunt a very heavy alkaline area that was pretty wet a few months back, but that device and coil handled everything just fine. Not a saltwater beach, but getting to one in the next couple of weeks.

I've been mainly using my 2nd ORX w/9" X35 coil inland, but will taker it along to analyze which seems to perform well on a salt water beach environment. Right no3, my best GUESS is the 5X9½ HF DD will come out on top, but I'll have to wait and see. It will also depend on the ground mineralization as well as the wet salt environment to deal with.

Just some thoughts,

Monte

According to SmokeyTheCat on another forum, the Deus has made some software improvements for salt water hunting. She uses the 9.5" elliptical, which I think is her only coil. She said it worked real good. That's all i know. If you just mean on the beach i've only heard good things. Plenty of youtube videos. Gary has a good Skill School video on beach hunting techniques. "XP Deus top tips beach settings" .

I hunt the beach on the central coast of California and on the dry sand only using the 11" LF coil. I use the Sifter program and it does very well, now the wet sand is another story, used many different programs and it doesn't hold a candle to the Equinox, i have tested them both in the wet. I love the Deus but not in the wet. I also have the 5x11 HF coil and can tell no difference in the wet with the Deus.I have tested gold rings, coins and different jewelry in the wet sand and i all cases and in different modes the Nox is a lot deeper and very quiet.

I assume you watched Gary's video. He uses the GOLDFIELD program, said it works great. He uses the X35 coil. that might make a difference as it is more stable. That's what I've heard on the beach videos--"stable".

Both the 5X9½ HF DD and the 9" X35 on my ORX devices.

My Program% User Coin is saved to start up at 14.4 kHz with the HF coil and 7.7 kHz with the X35 coil and other settings are the same. But I'll compare all the standard frequency choices with each coil while there. I will be comparing them with a different make/model but my main interest is what there coils are capable of on the XP ORX.

Monte