Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Which Coin Pattern do you prefer? Doc's? Gone Hunting?

I have been using the CTX since the week it was released and did pretty well last year using a pattern I pickup up from the minelab owners community written by ironhearted gog. I recently loaded into the CTX several that I found on the resources pages on this website and am particularly interested in trying the Doc's program based on Andy's coin pattern. I hunt mostly in new york state and am interested to hear which pattern others in NY and the US prefer.

Everyone has a different opinion I am sure. But I love the combined mode. I am a coin hunter. I made nickels a high tone and really I have never looked back.

Combined for sure

I would like to try gone hunting's mode but the ctx resource center stop working to night:

I agree. That is the beauty of the CTX. Build all the programs you want, right in the XChange2 program. Change the discrimination Patterns, tones, bins, separation modes, etc. Then download the ones that suit your needs, directly into your CTX. HH Randy

I find myself using my "combined 2" mode 95% of the time - I'll switch over to the coin mode if I want to double check a signal from a different perspective.
I'll sometimes run the coin mode if I'm hunting a very clean area with little or no iron - and just want to pretend that I'm still using my E-Trac:lol:
The bottom line is - the capabilities and advantages of the CTX's combined feature make it pretty hard not to run it all of the time, especially in areas that have been hunted hard in the past (which, around here, is everywhere).

Digger's original combined settings that most people call Gonehunting.

Digger is 100% correct on how simple it is to use XChange2 for the creation of (or mimicking E-Trac patterns if you desire) disc patterns. With the CTX, after you create your disc patter 1 & 2. you also need to complete the process of the mode creation, by selecting all the other options that make up the MODE, bin width, tones, all the other things Digger mentioned above. I personally don't use anyone else's MODE as they have built it. I might start with someones existing disc pattern but modify it for my personal preferences, or just create my own. The same goes for the other MODE settings. For me, getting my bin widths, and tones selected for my liking, were the most important settings. Each person's hearing is different., soil is different, some trash my be typical in some area's and not others. So a super productive MODE created for one area may not work very well for someone located elsewhere. Whatever/whoever's MODE I initially started with was tweaked one way or another over several months. As soon as all this snow melts, and I can detect again, I'm sure more tweaking will be in order. Last summer it was extremely dry here in NW Missouri, it is looking like we are getting our moisture back in the form of LOTS of snow. All the moisture may cause some refinements in my Modes. I won't know until I'm out there........It is rather satisfying feeling to know, when you make a really nice find, that the MODE you are using was one that you built yourself...........Good Luck with whatever modes you all use.......HH

Thanks to everyone who took the time to answer. Sharing knowledge isn't always the easiest thing to do. Hope the big thaw comes soon and happy hunting.