Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Which detector would you recommend ??

JOHNMARKHAM

It's been awhile for me on here, so I have a question;
I've been thinking of trying relic hunting here in Ohio where in at, now with this said
My question is this
Which detector would you recommend and why?
Now I've been on this rodeo for awhile so no rookie here!
Please tell me why you think it would work best.
Thanks
John

I would recommend a tesoro Vaquero, its deep , its light , the 5,75 DD has a flat bottom and is good to swing in the sticks, I might even say pick up a NEL 12x13 for deep targets in a farm field, i would recommend using all metal and checking in disc, but you may want to wait and see what Tesoroes now machine is 1st I can say the bliss tool was a great relic machine but you will have to waite 6 months if a repair is needed, my second machine i think would do well would be the F-70 as it is still light and has a deep slow all metal mode and a good DD coil

Many say the F75 and T2 series are great relic machines...........I 'm curious of what type relics would you be looking for in Ohio ???

Well as for relics here in Ohio, I'm really not sure , as you know I'm a Beach hunter,
None around here except lots of farm land so I thought there just
Might be some old stuff just waiting to come out?
I did find with my etrac or ATPro not sure which one a I did find a cival war button from North Carolina,
So I'd like to try some relic hunting with a machine that's for relic hunting. ?
Somthing different since the beach trips are far and few right now:(

cool .......... may be some Civil war items soldiers brought home, or old pocket watches are always a nice find....

Any of the top end detectors would work very well for serious relic hunting, take your pick. Two of my favorites are the V3i and CTX 3030. A serious contender in the mid-price range is the MXT or MXT Pro.

Greetings fellow Ohioan. Why would you spend the money on a high end display machine for relics? They are great for hunting through a trash laden park, but do you really need that for relic hunting? Tesoro Tejon is powerful, deep, lightweight, and priced under $600 new. Tejon has threshold based all metal mode and two separate discriminators controlled by a trigger. It hits on the smallest targets and is one of the best machines out there in iron.

I tell you what , if I could only hit a ohio farm field, just think how long people have been going out in those fields or how many old houses have been plowed under or camps lost you may find it better hunting than the beach . you got to try farm field hunting

A friend of mine and his metal detecting friends spend a lot of time hunting farmers fields. They hunt them before the fields are plowed in the spring and after the crops are harvested. They utilize some of the older online mapping to find where home were located that are now farm fields. They find some nice relics to go along with some very old coins. Farm fields are time consuming but there are some nice items waiting for you to come find them .

I mainly use the T2,DFX or PI machine for detecting farm land over here in the UK,i live miles away from the beach and parks and council land are a waste of time as you have almost zero chance of detecting in the parks due too politics and health and safety issues.

For deep detecting the T2 and the 15x12 SEF coil takes some beating on pasture,on normal ploughed and rolled land then just the normal stock coils are deep enough.If i suspect a hoard then the big fella the PI comes out to play,so basically i am covered for most types of detecting.

Good luck in your relic hunting quest.