Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Which dry or wet ground is best chance for deep coins?

ChicagoJohn

I am curious about which one wet or dry ground is best for deep coins? I found my first Barber dime last week at about 8 inch deep. The year is 1906. I am happy! I did that area before and I think that I missed barber dime. I found it on very dry ground and make me wondered about wet or dry is best to find a deep coin. I heard about good time to hunt deep coins is right after rain but I am not sure! What you think of best chance to find a deep coin?

My hunts have made me believe that the depth is about the same wet or dry. Live in East Central Iowa and got our first rain in six weeks yesterday. Digging has been a B#$$%$@ but do not think my finds or depth of finds has fallen off. I do think that in wet ground I can run a faster swing speed just seems the wet ground is a little kinder on the processor being able to get a signal quicker. Could be wrong so do not beat me up just what I have noticed. HH Dave

in over 3 yrs of using the etrac and going thru 3 drought summers, I have noticed ZERO depth loss in bone dry ground with the etrac

in dry ground there is LESS falsing from iron, and to me coins seem to scream in dry ground when you go over them

in wet ground the etrac will false a LOT on deep nails

Goes4ever said:
in over 3 yrs of using the etrac and going thru 3 drought summers, I have noticed ZERO depth loss in bone dry ground with the etrac

in dry ground there is LESS falsing from iron, and to me coins seem to scream in dry ground when you go over them

in wet ground the etrac will false a LOT on deep nails

That's the same result's I have had, G4E!

Iowa Dale

It used to be (with TR machines) high freq. ones that you got deeper signals with wet soil because "larger Halo's" were produced by coins. My Etrac gets 'em deep dry or wet........nge

i have to agree with the above post i used to use a whites for years and they seem to do better when the ground was moist the e trac does a great joib in all conditions dennis