Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Which Headphones for MXT PRO

I have tried lots oh head phones, and have found Whites Pro Stars are the best I have tried. They fit very good, I have hearing aids in both ears and they are the only ones that don,t hurt my ears. I can wear them for hours and no trouble, other phones hurt so bad I would try to take one side off at a time to just make it a hour or two. The Pro Stars have grate sound, volume on each side, my right side is much worse than my left, that way I can set to what I need. Don,t forget LIFE TIME WARRANTY. Good luck with what ever you try. flintstone

If you do a search on here, there's a LOT of information on different headphones. I prefer the SunRay Pro Gold but I've never tried the Whites. I honestly think it's a preference as to what you're looking for.

Think I'll try them if I can get my hands on a pair of them.

Flintstone said:
I have tried lots oh head phones, and have found Whites Pro Stars are the best I have tried. They fit very good, I have hearing aids in both ears and they are the only ones that don,t hurt my ears. I can wear them for hours and no trouble, other phones hurt so bad I would try to take one side off at a time to just make it a hour or two. The Pro Stars have grate sound, volume on each side, my right side is much worse than my left, that way I can set to what I need. Don,t forget LIFE TIME WARRANTY. Good luck with what ever you try. flintstone

I'm very happy with mine Vito. Goodness, I've had mine for possibly over 10 years. :surprised:

I have both and both are very good with advantages to each.

The Pro Stars have very good sound and the oversized cups are great for those with hearing aids or larger than average sized ears. They have very good rejection of outside noise and the lifetime warranty might come in handy but unlikely. The only problem I have had with headphones over the years is a new plug every 4 or 5 years and it is much cheaper to do it yourself than pay postage to send them in. IMHO :shrug: Mine are a little to tight but I have not tried to adjust the headband yet, they sure will not fall off my head when I bend over but I can see extended wear might give me a headache.

The SunRay Pro Gold have to be my favorites though, very comfortable to wear with the soft leather ear cups, great sound and the mode switch is a must for me when using non White's detectors. Good outside sound rejection and the Pro Gold have a switchable limiter for sound blasts of surface targets. The 150 ohm speaker elements are thought to be better for hearing faint signals, the Pro Stars are 50 ohm.

Pro Stars list for $120 and the Pro Gold $135. I boils down to what you want in a headphone but for me the SunRay.

Group 1: To ME, these are the budget-priced, low-end headphones, or the 'average' headphones they often advertise as "made for metal detectors" and usually run in the $29.95 to $49.95 price range. Some have a thin straight cable and those tend to get kneeled on or otherwise snag on things. Some are also too short. There are lower-cost models with a coiled cable that is very short and doesn't stretch much, at least not enough to be practical, and those tend to tug at the headphones and yank them off.

Many of the 'budget-priced' headphones are too light and don't cover the ears enough to block outside noise, Some do have somewhat larger ear cups instead of the tiny size, but they often fit too snuggly and press on the ears, and that's uncomfortable, plus even though they press on the ears they are also floppy in that they can fall; off if you move your head too much or too fast or flip it forward or backward. Also, most use speakers that are maybe 8 Ohm or possibly 16 Ohm, but generally that or 32 Ohm impedance. To many people, once they hear the audio of a better-quality headphone, most of these lower-impedance, lower-priced headphones sound kind of 'muffled' and don't provide a nice, brilliant audio response.

You want to use a quality-produced metal detector and hear a pleasant, quality sound to help find good targets, so I would pass on anything that falls into this category.

Group 2: High-quality headphones with a comfortable fit, snug enough to stay on and not flop or easily get tugged off, with a functional length coiled cable, and speaker impedance in the 50 kHz to 150 kHz range. This group will have a similar-size ear cup that is what might be considered 'normal' or 'standard' for top-end headphones in the MD industry. Examples of these would be Killer B 'Wasp' [size=small](my personal favorite in this design)[/size] or Killer B and Killer B II; SunRay Pro Gold [size=small](made for them by the Killer B folks and similar fit and performance as the 'Wasp')[/size]; Detector Pro; and others. The majority of these use 150 Ohm speaker elements.

Group 3: High-quality headphones with a comfortable fit, and very similar in overall design as those in Group 2, except they use was is referred to as the 'tank' style ear cup. This is a fuller-size ear cup that more completely covers the ears and, as already mentioned, can be more comfortable for those with larger-size ears, or who use hearing aides, and they do an excellent job of blocking outside noises. A couple of examples of these would be Killer B 'Hornet' w/150 Ohm speakers, and White's Pro-Star w/50 Ohm speakers. There are a few others out there with the 'tank' style ear cup.

My primary-use headphones are the White's Pro Star mainly due to them being more comfortable with less pressure on the ears than those models in Group 2. They have a Lifetime Warranty, as do the Killer B models. I do travel with two sets of headphones, the Pro Star and my former #1's the Killer B 'Wasp.' I have a brand new set of camo Killer B II's at home in case one of my others get broken or otherwise fail, and I also have a new set of Pro Star headphones as well. Pick a quality built headphone from Group 2 or Group 3 and you will enjoy much better audio quality and comfort than with any that fit in Group 1.

Monte

Monte as Always with the Gold--as a matter of fact I am going to order me a pair of Gold Stars. Thanks Monte---again.

Well there's Gold Pros, and Pro Stars, but I don't think there's any Gold Stars. :clapping:

Any killer B or Sunray headphones are the best I've used.

Either Grey Ghosts or Killer Bee's have worked excellent for me and my hearing.I can hear slight inflections in the sounds.Bill