Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

which headphones

mblemmy

Hi, I have been getting out with the etrac. when i got it it came with the koss phones and the acusound phones. sound is completely different. with the koss the volume is much higher but the tones are "muddy" with the accusound the volume is much lower but the tones are much clearer .

happy hunting!!

mikeB

I am still waiting for my ET but on my other machines I have been using Ratphones and liking them.
I had a pair of the original GreyGhost but found that they were in the shop more often then on my head.
I must admit the company were always very good at fixing them.

It will be interesting to see if the Ratphones will work the ET like it did the EXII or like the T2.

I bought a pair of Koss Pro Series headphones from Kellyco. Their called Kossprocap and come with a life time warranty. They really sound good and their design deadens outside sound almost perfectly. I have to move the left earcup to the side to have a conversation with someone or listen to my Pistol Probe. What I like the most about them is that they are the behind the head, headband design. I wear a cap almost all the time and I can wear these headphones either over, or under my cap. They have a mono/stereo switch and a very well designed volume control on the left ear cup. Its an indented design so once set it stays set. I'm an Sennheiser fan and havent found to many headphones as comfortable...these are. Their heads above the headphones (UR 30 i beleive) that came with my Etrac. Good luck on any you choose.

I use the new Ratphones Max, they are awesome!!

Detect USA has new model
RatPhones MAX

*Back to classic black color.
*New knob-less sealed controls truly stay where you set them last.
*New wiring prevents controls from loading circuit.
*Dual volume standard, one model fits all applications.
*Full time low distortion soft limiter.
*No limiter switch needed. Minimal affect on low/medium signals.
*Increased audio brightness.
*Same detachable reversible cord requires no compatibility switch.
*Same full size, high isolation, pro-leather, foldable muffs.
*Same military grade Teflon wiring.
*Same Pro-leather ear pads.
*Same full sized 28 db cup.
*New felt speaker grill.

Input max 500mW.
121db @1Khz sensitivity.
300 ohm speakers (150 ohm total impedance for entire frequency band).
20Hz - 20kHz frequency response (tested with IEC 318 artificial ear).
28db isolation.

I would look at the Sun Ray Pro Golds as an option. I have used the Sun Rays now for many years and you just cant beat them in my opinion. The sound great, fit very comfortably and you can hear the faintest targets. They work AWESOME with the E-Trac

HH............Rick

said, I have 3 different pair and all sound different. I really don't know which bring out the best in the explorer.