Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Which of these two batteries would you prefer?

LOL.... ok, but they are far more intolerant than the NiMH to excessive discharge and the are quite a bit more expensive... can't justify the cost for what little gain in comparison.

johnedoe said:
With the sensitivities of lithium batteries to charging & discharge levels I think I will just stick with the lowly NiMH batteries

The RNB batteries work great,are lighter,a lil expensive but well worth it in length of charge time. And are a lil lighter. For lithium ion bats to start fire all that I have ever heard of have had water that had gotten into them to start the prossess for ignition.This subject has been about beatin well enuff Rob? Yazoo

I agree Mike, this horse died over a week ago and is still being kicked.

Any battery will get hot if shorted and some depending upon capacity (amp-hours) are worse than others.
The confusion is between Li-Ion versus Li-Po (Lithium-Polymer) the most notorious for fires. Drop, poke a hole or short a Li-Po and you will have a fireball. Just look up "LiPo Fires" there are numerious videos.

Larry (IL) said:
I agree Mike, this horse died over a week ago and is still being kicked.

Hi Larry, you seem to be a little agitated by this post based on the tone of your post.:shrug: I've seen post go on and on and end up nowhere close to the original post. And I have never saw a forum member campaign to close a post. I don't have any problem with Rob closing this post cause i got the answers i was looking for. I only asked about the batteries because i was looking for opinions. Good luck to you sir. HH and have a nice day.:crazy:

I bought the RNB for my V3i, incredible life! I can run for days instead of hours, most of my hunts are all day hunts, never need to worry about battery going dead! I bought mine from Indian Nations also! buy one and you will never use anything else! JMO...C-Dog

http://www.findmall.com/read.php?66,1715696

yowow#1 said:
johnedoe said:
With the sensitivities of lithium batteries to charging & discharge levels I think I will just stick with the lowly NiMH batteries