Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Which waterproof headphones?

Daniel Tn

Since there are a few pairs of waterproof headphones for the CTX, which are you folks using? If you have used a few pairs, what did you not like about the others? I'm in the market for a pair. I'm currently using the Sun Ray Pro Golds for land hunting but when I go to the beach, I want to be able to utilize the waterproof headphone connection. I don't necessarily plan to be submerging the headphones/diving but will be submerging the unit itself.

I have had a few pairs of Gray Ghost headphones for other detectors and I never liked the fit of them on my head. But looking at the options available, they appear to be one of the better built looking pairs out there. They are also the most expensive.

The yellow Koss headphones....I had a pair when I had an Excalibur II but for the life of me, can't remember if I liked them or not. That's been a long time ago.

There is also a pair of GoG wader headphones that might fit the bill for what I'm looking for, since they come with the waterproof lead. But as clumsy as I am, I figure I will fall down at least once or get hit by some rogue wave and get the headphones wet. I don't want to dive with them but don't want them to go bad if they get wet either. So that may rule this particular pair out.

I've also noticed a guy on the classifieds here that is building wading headphones for the CTX but haven't saw or heard any feedback from those.

Thus is why I'm asking. It seems there are several options to choose from.

Don't waste your money on the Koss yellows. I've used 6 different sets trying to find good volume headphones, two Grey ghost models, two minelab (Yellow and Blues), tested OBN's skullie tubes and am presently using a set from "the guy on the classifieds".
The skullie tubes and the set from Harold (the guy on the classifieds) are both comparable in volume.
I don't think you will be unsatisfied if you bought them.
With two CTX's, I'll be running OBN's on one and Harold's on the other until I wear out one or the other.

Daniel, PM me if you have further questions.

Cliff

I am a user of Harold's head phones also have tried 3 other sets these have clarity and volume you should not be disappointed.

Big Vinnie

Everyone seems to hate the yellows so I'd stay away from those. I use the GG's and they do fine by me.
I'd advise looking very closely what the successful water hunter guys use and go that route.

I ended up finding a pair of Grey Ghosts for cheaper than I could get Harold's or any of the others. They wont be a full time headphone for me but will be whenever I am in the water. I like my Sunray Pro Golds for land hunting.