Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

While I (patiently) wait for my Deus II

relicmeister

Well of course I’m reading the manual, and watching with fascination the great videos by Sir Calabash, and Mr Blackwell and the few others. I got a few extra things I might find useful considering it will be my only machine having sold the “farm” to enable its purchase.
Nothing big, but helpful. 1. I got a car charger so if I run low on a long hunt, I can get a boost. With my Orx there were multiple coils and I could switch into Deus lite mode if the headphones or remote ran dry. So with that option gone it made sense to get the car charger- with a second coil clip. 2. I ordered an 8-pack of 7” x 1” industrial rubber bands to use as bumper guards for my 9” coil, so it won’t get so nicked -up against rocks. Just wanting a little protection for my only coil. Someone in UK sells nice Deus rubber bumpers in multiple colors but they’re $20 plus $20 to ship and weigh 100 gm. Which I think is excessively heavy. The rubber bands are $8.95 for 8 + $2.95 shipping and weigh negligible if anyones interested. On eBay. Also ordered an Mi6 holiday deal which comes with a XP finds pouch and XP cap all for few bucks under usual price.
Just felt like sharing. Merry Christmas everyone.

The rubber bands are a great idea. HH

relicmeister, where did you find the Mi6 Holiday Deal?

Hope I’m not breaking forum rules ( admins please?) destination gold detectors. Calif.
destinationgold.com

Thanks relicmeister, I have my Mi6 pkg on order and save a $$!

Bill

i hope your decision to move completely over to the Deus 2 works out well for you. From what I'm seeing, Deus 2 has all performance of my 800, plus the separation ability of the Deus 1, plus a level of waterproofness inline with a full out diving detector (20M).

For me, only time in field will reveal how it performs in the places i typically hunt. Target separation, unmasking, management of rusty iron and tin, depth of detection and target ID at depth all weave themselves into an overall performance score. I too have hope for the Deus 2. I'm wagering with a purchase it's going to be a really good one.

Merry Christmas everybody,

Rich

Well of course I’m reading the manual, and watching with fascination the great videos by Sir Calabash, and Mr Blackwell and the few others. I got a few extra things I might find useful considering it will be my only machine having sold the “farm” to enable its purchase.
Nothing big, but helpful. 1. I got a car charger so if I run low on a long hunt, I can get a boost. With my Orx there were multiple coils and I could switch into Deus lite mode if the headphones or remote ran dry. So with that option gone it made sense to get the car charger- with a second coil clip. 2. I ordered an 8-pack of 7” x 1” industrial rubber bands to use as bumper guards for my 9” coil, so it won’t get so nicked -up against rocks. Just wanting a little protection for my only coil. Someone in UK sells nice Deus rubber bumpers in multiple colors but they’re $20 plus $20 to ship and weigh 100 gm. Which I think is excessively heavy. The rubber bands are $8.95 for 8 + $2.95 shipping and weigh negligible if anyones interested. On eBay. Also ordered an Mi6 holiday deal which comes with a XP finds pouch and XP cap all for few bucks under usual price.
Just felt like sharing. Merry Christmas everyone.
That’s a great idea on the coil I’d like to buy some for same reason where did you get them? I’ll wait for the Deus11 I have plenty of cash aside for it so I’ll just use the nox for now
Mark

Hope I’m not breaking forum rules ( admins please?) destination gold detectors. Calif.
destinationgold.com
Is that the same place you ordered your machine from? That is where I ended up ordering mine from and was wondering if you have any knowledge of a timeline when it's going to arrive?

Mark
I don’t know how to copy/paste links but it’s jensenbest eBay- search 7” x1” rubber bands. Get 6 for $8 seems like a little snug on 9” but ? I’m going to overlap two just right and contact cement together. With an only coil this prevents nicks from bumping against rocks. Cheap easy replaceable.

Barry, I ordered my Deus from D.G. In Calif. also my bone headphones and Mi6 with free Deus hat and finds pouch for $8 under pp alone elsewhere. I know them well they’re great I have a standing discount if I elect to buy an 11” coil but I asked Thursday before Christmas if he could tell me my place on D2 list but haven’t heard. Doubt he could say when they’ll arrive. He might be off this week. Any news I’ll let you know

Mark
I don’t know how to copy/paste links but it’s jensenbest eBay- search 7” x1” rubber bands. Get 6 for $8 seems like a little snug on 9” but ? I’m going to overlap two just right and contact cement together. With an only coil this prevents nicks from bumping against rocks. Cheap easy replaceable.
Thanks I found them I have used black electric tape to help keep out sand and protect the coil from rock hits..
Mark

Ive been with them for few years but never gave that a thought. They have a substantial presence and very personal and accommodating compared to all the other well knowns, with all due respect

Last edited by a moderator:
You are breaking forums rules... If they are not a sponsor.

i hope your decision to move completely over to the Deus 2 works out well for you. From what I'm seeing, Deus 2 has all performance of my 800, plus the separation ability of the Deus 1, plus a level of waterproofness inline with a full out diving detector (20M).

For me, only time in field will reveal how it performs in the places i typically hunt. Target separation, unmasking,
management of rusty iron and tin, depth of detection and target ID at depth all weave themselves into an overall performance score. I too have hope for the Deus 2. I'm wagering with a purchase it's going to be a really good one.

Merry Christmas everybody,

Rich
Rich, you touched on all the main parts an avid detectorists wants to know, and especially in handling 'rusty tin'. I am wondering if the Bottle Cap feature might provide any help for us in the places where small shards of rusty tin abound, such a 'Lobe Tree' and other challenging ghost towns and similar sites.

This is going to be an interesting years of folks trying out a couple/few new devices in search of any performance improvements. As it is we already have a lot of decent-performing detectors as it was, but lie you I am also interested to see if the Deus II, or any other newcomer, provides me any benefits where I like to hunt.

Monte