Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

White 10x12 SEF coil ??

Rob (IL)

Man, I keep trying to get one of these coils to test. Kellyco keeps telling me they are back ordered. It's been a month. Are they having trouble making them? If you have the answer let us know.

I really thought this was going to be the answer for a bigger coil for the V3i. Oh well. :stars:

Rob, I have never owned a coil other than what came stock on my different detectors. I understand the purpose of smaller coils. But what would be the big advantage of this 10x12 over the stock 10"?

Well, if the new White 10x12 SEF was nulled correctly you could run the same gains and because it is a bigger coil you would get more coverage. Being a longer coil you should see some increase in depth. Also the SEF is known to handle bad ground, but because the black ones are not v nulled they couldn't be run a higher gains. Whites makes the 12" coil but it is a concentric coil. For bad ground most people need a DD style coil.

i too am very interested. my super 12 is wicked in this mild soil. but here very soon, some fields i hunt will be highly fertilized and wet. some folks seem to get lucky with these 10x12 sef coils and they work killer with tx boost on and high gain in 22.5 frequency, and others not so lucky. id be willing to pay an extra 20 bux to have kellyco grab a few and test em on a v3i and send me a winner.

would love to have that coil in my arsenal to hunt ALL my spots ANYTIME i want.

HI rob did you see my post may 12th?:detecting:I had to wait extra four days for mine new production run..

Dave, the SEF coil is a modified DD where the two loops overlap each other in the middle and cancels ground noise better than a DD coil. That alone will allow you to hear deeper targets better. The 10X12 is two inches longer for more coverage per swing as well. The SEF and DD style coils excel in very mineralized ground like ours but the SEF/DD is not for everyone. In more mild ground the concentric coil design will get better depth. (Usually)

Okay, thanks guys. The stock coil is a double D coil, but the center doesn't overlap.

:thumbup:

well if there backordered for a long time, is there any other outlet for these? if not, is there any recent depth/stability tests on the white color Sef 12x15 that anyone knows of?

Kellyco is the only supplier in the US. Call them a see what you get told about when you can expect to get one. I don't think a 12x15 would be a good choice unless you were relic hunting in my humble opinion. There is also the coil weight to consider.

HAVE YOU LOOKED ON FLEA-BAY? FROM BULGARIA..:wiggle:

NO, I don't bother with EBay. Kellyco sent me a 10x12 and I sent it back. That was at least a month ago. If the Bulgarians can't get them to Kellyco then something is wrong. Kellyco offered to send me a 12x15 but I have no use for that coil.

I just wish someone would explain the problem.

My 10x12 sef for my V3i is black and works great. Had it for over 2 years. Rx 15 tx boost no overload. The coil does however read just a tad high on the 22.5 freq as opposed to the stock 10dd. Also the 10x12 coil balances the the V3i a lot better for detecting than the 10dd coil plus the coil is more stable when it hits the grass/ stubble when it comes to falsing. I guess I got a rare one, but good nonetheless. Cheers

This post is outdated. Posts that apply were made after this post.