Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Whites "Flagship" Detector ?

CoinShooter01

Whites certainly brought a lot of technology to the table over the years.
Its sad to see them go.
Looking back in history, what would you consider to be their all time greatest, flagship metal detector?
Would it be the Spectra v3i, or perhaps a different model, in your opinion?
When you think of Whites greatest machine, what do you think of?

I say it is the V3i, maybe because that was my very first, bought and paid for detector, when I first started the hobby, and I was "married to it" for over 6 years. I still have the V3i and about all of the accessories and coils you can have for it. Picking that machine up now after the last several years of using and learning the Minelab machines, is still a pleasure, plus I actually understand more about the V now after learning the Minelabs, if that is possible.

I will say though that the Whites M-Series detectors are wonderful detectors. I never swung an MXT but I own two Whites M6 machines. A hunt buddy of mine asked why I bought the second M6, instead of getting an MXT, "something different." The M6 is simply so easy and effective. If I was helping a new beginner out, the M6 would be my tool of choice.

It would have been interesting if I had bought an MXT Pro instead of the 2nd M6. I just liked the first M6 that much and got a nice deal on the second one. I will never know what I missed with the MXT.

Its sad to see them go.
Looking back in history, what would you consider to be their all time greatest, flagship metal detector?
Yes the V3i would be perhaps the Flagship that a lot of people just didn’t understand what all the different controls where for. A complex layout . A digital wonder. In order for it to be successful , it needed what XP has done with the YouTube Skill school series. An explanation on each and every function and how to apply it . Gary does an amazing job with skill school. The V3i s manual didn’t convey the information needed to make it a success. In a world where a picture is worth a thousand words, …….. A video is worth 10,000 !! It’s a shame that Whites doesn’t exist today !! They contributed so much to the detecting world.

Its sad to see them go.
I still like my XL PRO the best for easy setup and it will hunt deep.
The m6 is part of the mxt family but almost a plug and play detector.

Attachments

• 6inchxlpro500.jpg
    6inchxlpro500.jpg
    97.9 KB · Views: 125
Yes the V3i would be perhaps the Flagship that a lot of people just didn’t understand what all the different controls where for. A complex layout . A digital wonder. In order for it to be successful , it needed what XP has done with the YouTube Skill school series. An explanation on each and every function and how to apply it . Gary does an amazing job with skill school. The V3i s manual didn’t convey the information needed to make it a success. In a world where a picture is worth a thousand words, …….. A video is worth 10,000 !! It’s a shame that Whites doesn’t exist today !! They contributed so much to the detecting world.
I saw a video, where they QUICKLY scrolled through all the V3I MAIN menu options....
It took 15 minutes, and they did not even get into "SUB-menu" options!
WOW!

Its sad to see them go.
In my opinion, the XLT is White's greatest detector. I have several friends who still use this detector with great success. They work great and are one of the most durable detectors ever made. They sure have had many good detectors over the years. It is still hard for me to see them gone. Most would believe they would be "one of the last standing" Hopefully the remaining American companies can keep going.

MXT all the way for me!

And for salt water if you don't mind getting lots of bobby pins and other metal trash in the scoop (that's what a magnet attached in the scoop is for) the PI Surf Pro.

If there were a vote as there is here the White's Spectra V3i would be the flagship!
In my opinion most did not want to devote the time and the patience to receive the educational benefit it had to offer
and still does?
Notice I clicked a like on all my fellow members statement. I believe they 'all' have as much of a right to cast a vote, and perhaps it is
a vote because they are bias toward their own White's detector. After all, that summarizes: Whites "Flagship" Detector?
There may never be another detector with so much to offer as a 'personal instructor' as the White's Spectra V3i?

The arduous learning curve is still very welcoming to me. Of course, I love a challenging educational benefit. The education is extremely rewarding.

In my opinion, the XLT is White's greatest detector. I have several friends who still use this detector with great success. They work great and are one of the most durable detectors ever made. They sure have had many good detectors over the years. It is still hard for me to see them gone. Most would believe they would be "one of the last standing" Hopefully the remaining American companies can keep going.
Though I don't know about the XLT as the Flagship, I do know it is the greatest. Less learning that the V3I and really a quick turn on and go that cam also be customized and has worked very well for me. It was my first White 's and the reason I acquired the V3I.

I say it is the V3i, maybe because that was my very first, bought and paid for detector, when I first started the hobby, and I was "married to it" for over 6 years. I still have the V3i and about all of the accessories and coils you can have for it. Picking that machine up now after the last several years of using and learning the Minelab machines, is still a pleasure, plus I actually understand more about the V now after learning the Minelabs, if that is possible.

I will say though that the Whites M-Series detectors are wonderful detectors. I never swung an MXT but I own two Whites M6 machines. A hunt buddy of mine asked why I bought the second M6, instead of getting an MXT, "something different." The M6 is simply so easy and effective. If I was helping a new beginner out, the M6 would be my tool of choice.

It would have been interesting if I had bought an MXT Pro instead of the 2nd M6. I just liked the first M6 that much and got a nice deal on the second one. I will never know what I missed with the MXT.
You havent missed anything by not getting the mxt.....the M6 is a great machine and easily matches the mxt in performance on inland sites while beating it on the beach.
The M6 was one of my all time favourite detectors and it found me loads of stuff over here in the uk including hammered coins on tough sites.
My all time favourite whites machine was the Beach hunter 300......a very underated machine but the best i've ever used on the beaches,even beating the minelabs if you knew how to use it right.I almost expected to find something good everytime i used that machine,almost pi depth with discrim......awesome and i miss it.

For me it was the Goldmaster series with VSat control. Was a game changer in variable ground to speed up the threshold recovery from mineralisation changes.
I recently got a Garrett 24k. It was Whites last Goldmaster and when Garrett took over Whites they continued the 24k. They even kept the Whites logo on it as a nod to where it came from. They changed the colour from a kind of sandy brown colour to black and tweaked it a bit. Also rain resistant. Great detector and happy I got it.
Only stupid thing is Garrett have not bothered to give us here to buy a coil cover for it. Nobody stocks them and nobody from any country will sell me one. Asked a couple of US places and they replied that they are not allowed to ship one to me. That's the 10x6 eliptical coil cover. The original Whites will fit it but none here and nobody anywhere will ship me one. That im spewing on as im hesitant to run it on the ground.
Good VLF gold detector though.

M6 is just an mxt stuck in C/J mode. Same frequency, coils are interchangeable. An mxt has relic and gold hunting mode if i remember correctly

You havent missed anything by not getting the mxt.....the M6 is a great machine and easily matches the mxt in performance on inland sites while beating it on the beach.
The M6 was one of my all time favourite detectors and it found me loads of stuff over here in the uk including hammered coins on tough sites.
My all time favourite whites machine was the Beach hunter 300......a very underated machine but the best i've ever used on the beaches,even beating the minelabs if you knew how to use it right.I almost expected to find something good everytime i used that machine,almost pi depth with discrim......awesome and i miss it.
I'll argue that point of best on the beach with my Sovereign GT. And 13" Ultimate coil. 😉