Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Whites GMT/VX3

I am at present running a DFX quite happily, but feel that I am missing out on small jewellery items (small chains/bracelets etc.) on the beaches here in Australia.

Would the GMT solve this problem, while retaining the DFX, or would the VX3 be the better option as an all- round detector.?

I was thinking the GMT at 48kHz & ground tracking ability may be the go, but then the VX3 with three frequencies & ground tracking may even be better.

Any thoughts or advice would be appreciated.

CP

The GMT is not happy on saltwater beaches and would drive you crazy digging every tiny bit of foil etc. The VX3 would probably do a little better than the DFX due to the higher 22 kHz frequency but I'm not sure it would be worth the extra investment over your DFX. Chains are just hard to get.

Single frequency detectors are not good in the salt and although the V series might do a little better than the DFX, the DFX is one of the best jewelry detectors on the market IMHO. I would keep what you have and make the best of it.