Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Whites MX Sport post kind of ..

Still use my MX Sport, I don't think people are interested with what I have share with the MX Sport. Using my own settings favorable for my type of 2-tone Hunting, but that's ok as these settings work for me.

Too bad, those that perfer 2-tone would enjoy this setup.

Paul

Old California said:
Still use my MX Sport, I don't think people are interested with what I have share with the MX Sport. Using my own settings favorable for my type of 2-tone Hunting, but that's ok as these settings work for me.

Too bad, those that perfer 2-tone would enjoy this setup.

Paul
What are you using? Ill give it a try

Hello irnwrkr,

If you're looking for a faster recovery, shorter tone lengths and ok with 2-tone. Try Prospecting mode VCO OFF position with SAT between 5 & 6. Trust me, Lighting fast with a snapper audio and recovery.

I use this mode for Relic and inland hunting, works great for coin shooting too. Very simple, and if Beach or dry river sand Prospecting mode with VCO ON position for gold jewelry hunting.

At least try Prospecting with VCO OFF position SAT between 5 & 6, Please share your thoughts with this mode

HH,
Paul

I'm just waiting for the smaller 6x10 coil. Is my favorite on the mxt pro. The stock coil sees too many targets at once.

Same here Albert, I'm looking forward to the DD elliptical.

If you're wanting to narrow the coil footprint, snappier separation try Prospecting mode VCO OFF position SAT 5 or 6.....This mode and these features transforms the MX Sport into a hot MXT same type of 2-tone audio but more enchanced performance wise.

You'll see the difference, give it a try.

Paul

For freshwater hunting I use All metal , 4 tone , VCO ON , and notch out VDI numbers I'm not looking for.

It's a deep seeking gold jewelry program and hits the small gold others miss. I like VCO ON in the water because you don't need pinpoint to find targets which lets you cover more area.

I also am waiting for the 6X10 coil.

That's great Curtis,

With these settings, long time hunters will notice right away the Swift recovery and separation.

Hunters not so seasoned, may not see the differences at first. Plus, in Prospecting or All Metal mode the coil footprint is normal. All other Modes the coil footprint is bigger, making it harder to separate targets.

Plus, no loss of depth switching to Prospecting or All Metal modes. VCO OFF SAT 5 to 6 turns the MX Sport into a hot beep beep MXT.

It's great! Take care Curtis!
Paul

I'll give it a go at tomorrow's hunt at the park God willing and I'll let you know how it worked out. Thanks Paul

Lake Hunter said:
For freshwater hunting I use All metal , 4 tone , VCO ON , and notch out VDI numbers I'm not looking for.

It's a deep seeking gold jewelry program and hits the small gold others miss. I like VCO ON in the water because you don't need pinpoint to find targets which lets you cover more area.

I also am waiting for the 6X10 coil.
So, let me get this straight, you can disc out a group of numbers(while running in all metal) with the VCO active.
Also, is it block discrimination, single #'s discriminated, or disc. from low to high?

So you could run say AM- 2 tone, with vco for the zip-zip, and disc out say pennies but still hear iron grunt? Or maybe keep select silver and gold groups, disc the rest, and asign a tone to each?

It doesn't disc out single numbers. It disks out block of numbers for e ample 15 to 22 which would eliminate the nickel. I wish it would of had single number disk.

I've been doing a lot of testing with the MX Sport, but am a bit behind on videos. I should have some new stuff out soon. 20 tone seems to give the best separation in disc mode. The tones are just a bit shorter. The other tone options seem to ring out for a good while, inhibiting good target separation. I prefer to use less tones really, but am adjusting my style to get the best performance. The 10 X6 seems to improve this quite a bit, but 20 tone still seems to be the best for me. In prospecting or all metals it's lightning fast. I think this machine would be near perfect if you could clip those tones. I do that on the V3i with the recovery delay, and see no loss of depth really. It would just be a bit harder to identify a faint short tone over a long one in my opinion, but in trashy areas it really speeds things up. I know what Old California is saying. He likes the faster response as well, and has come up with an interesting way to run it. I wish the disc mode had a bit more speed. The 6 X 10 helps, but it's not nearly as fast as all metals, nor as deep as the stock coil in my testing. Some of my sites are very trashy, and the good stuff is beneath this layer. I need to pick between this stuff, but still hit coins 8 inches deep.

Albert said:
It doesn't disc out single numbers. It disks out block of numbers for e ample 15 to 22 which would eliminate the nickel. I wish it would of had single number disk.

Even though it notches out small groups of VDI numbers and not individual numbers...it works great for deep gold jewelry my other high end units missed in the lakes and rivers.

Great job Whites with this unit. It's a keeper for sure.

Were did you buy the 10x6 coil. Called whites and Mary said they wouldn't be out till April sometime.

I didn't buy it.I received it early to test.

I really like the machine. I can't wait for the waterproof headphones to come out so I can hunt some swimming holes with it. The depth is as good as anything I've tried in my mineralized ground, and it has all of the features to get the job done. As the season ramps up, I hope to post a lot more videos with the MX Sport.

Old California said:
Hello irnwrkr,

If you're looking for a faster recovery, shorter tone lengths and ok with 2-tone. Try Prospecting mode VCO OFF position with SAT between 5 & 6. Trust me, Lighting fast with a snapper audio and recovery.

I use this mode for Relic and inland hunting, works great for coin shooting too. Very simple, and if Beach or dry river sand Prospecting mode with VCO ON position for gold jewelry hunting.

At least try Prospecting with VCO OFF position SAT between 5 & 6, Please share your thoughts with this mode

HH,
Paul

Paul,

Quick question about the tones vs the ones on the old MXT. I hunt exclusively in relic mode on my old MXT. The 2-tone is really great for my style - I just set the tone break where I want, and investigate any high tones I get. Plus I get the nice all-metal signal on deep targets that are too deep to trigger the disc channel. Would you say that the setup you are using on the Sport is the best approximation of the relic mode from the old MXT? One of the downsides I am seeing regarding the Sport is that the disc audio responses are too long and hurt target separation. I guess I'm asking you to elaborate on the "snappier" audio you get with your setup and how it compares to the audio of the old MXT in relic mode.

I'm really considering upgrading to the Sport, but will be disappointed if I lose any of the great mixed mode fast response I'm used to with my MXT. Thanks.