Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Whites MX Sport post kind of ..

As long as user is using prospecting mode VCO OFF position SAT 5-6 with the MX Sport it'll compeat with the MXT, auctally even faster from my recent hunts up in Relic territory.

The response is faster with the MX Sport using these prospecting settings, plus White's got the iron overload right with the MX Sport.

I feel the elliptical DD will enhance the MX Sport even more, I'll be getting one. For my type of Hunting, these are the only settings I need for inland hunting.

Plus, the MX Sport is deeper over the MXT. No question, especially on low conductive. Will be a good Relic performer, Time will tell as others who Relic hunt share their future experiences.

Wish I could add more, but will add as long as you stay with Prospecting mode VCO OFF position SAT between 5-6 you're set for serious hunting.

Take care,
Paul

Thanks Paul. That sounds really promising then. Just like with the old MXT, relic mode was the best even for coins, now with the new Sport it sounds like prospecting mode is going to be the best all-around mode. Thanks for all your recent very informative posts on the Sport, by the way. Your posts have been good reading. Darren

Thanks Darren,

The MX Sport does have a few good features, overload is perfect this I found out from a recent Relic hunt. It overloads when it's suppose too, not like some of the recent models coming from across the pond. Seriously, overload feature is great works like it should on the bigger pieces.

It does lack modulation in prospecting mode, I can deal with this so for those wanting a serious Relic detector or coin/Jewelry detector minus a few bells and whistles (tones and such) yet has a few other bells and whistles (SAT,Salt mode, etc) it is a neat setup.

Plus, the elliptical coil should enhance these features even more.

I see the MX Sport as a blessing in disguise, it has what serious hunters are needing and that's fast recovery, depth and sensitivity with a simple 2-tone detector with using Prospecting mode VCO OFF position.

Thanks again,
Paul

I m concern about the way the head phone plug is positioned , Does the cord interfere with the lcd screen while using the headphones I see nobody writes about it, am I missing something?

I used one of the rod clips to hold the headphone adapter cord on the rod between the meter and arm rest. Doesn't get in the way what so ever.

Here's some pics .i need to get a strap for the wireless module instead of the rubber band.[video][/video]

I guess I'm just trying to make sure the audio response of the Sport is as good as the audio on my MXT. I hunt primarily by audio and the MXT is about perfect for me.

I struggled for two years with the V3i and VX3 and finally gave up and went back to my MXT. The real reason is that the audio response on the V3i well, sucked, honestly. It was laggy, the tones were too long regardless of recovery delay settings, and it was too digital. Most of the nuanced information conveyed in the audio was lost. For an audio hunter like me, it was a huge step backwards from the MXT and even the analog 6000 series. Reading the glowing reports about the new Sport, I'm just not sure if these reviewers really know what good snappy/sparky audio with good clean target response is like.

So now after my bad V-series experience I'm just gun shy about the MX Sport and want to make sure Whites actually preserved the snappy communicative audio of the old MXT before I upgrade and end up with another disappointment.

It's pretty subjective what "good" audio is, so maybe I'll just have to try one out at a dealer or from someone who has one, to really find out for myself. After 35 years of detecting with dozens of different model detectors, I can pretty well tell within 10 minutes if I'm going to like the audio on that particular detector. For me, the old MXT is still the gold standard for audio to which I compare all others. For Whites sake, I hope they got the Sport right!

I was hoping that the audio of the MXSport would be as snappy as the MX5, the MX5 audio is as snappy as the IDX Pro and better in the iron also. The 8 tone audio of the MX5 sucks but in coin mode, 2 tone all metal accept, it does a great job in the iron. I was hoping that there would be a program on the MXSport that would do as well as the MX5..

Looks like White's is fixing the slow recovery long dragging tone issue with the MX Sport, and agree I too didn't like the v3i the audio was too slow out of the box.

You can trust me when I mentioned below the MX Sport with prospecting mode VCO OFF position SAT bumped up 5-6 is snappy, ,very fast recovery.

With all do respect to users liking the other modes seeing no issues with tones or recovery, it's probably because they are not a seasoned detectorist or probably never had a fast processing detector to understand what fast recovery is.

That's great news White's is going to address these issues, I hope the people testing these new up grades get it right before White's sends out the second batch.

All the best,
Paul

I have the mxsport and the mxt pro and when comparing them as far as the audio and even id , there is a lag. The audio just keeps on going. Not with the mxt pro. Fast and hard hitting on targets I like using the all metal program myself on mxsport as there is no lag and the audio is quick and sharp. I tried using the coin and jewelry mode but with the lag , it just didn't work for me. I'm calling White's and sending it in for the fix. White's is a great company and I know they will take care of it.

I have the updated version of the MX Sport. The fix works, the depth and all of the other positive aspects of the machine are still the same. It seems that the software update really does the trick. I can now go over targets extremely close together at a very brisk sweep speed, and you can count them out with the audio. This was what the doctor ordered for this unit. I'm very pleased with the results. The speed was already there, it just needed that audio tuned up to match. Now it's really up to speed, pulling keepers out of heavy trash. Kudos to Whites for turning this around quickly, and listening to the consumer! I'll be posting a recovery video sometime this weekend.

Yay and good going White's! :clapping: This is exactly what White's needed to do to show their commitment to the customer AND preserve the great fast audio handling characteristics that made the original MXT series such a good detector. Thanks for the report back Mr. Branton on the effectiveness of the fix. I'll be watching for your video.

MrBranton33 said:
I have the updated version of the MX Sport. The fix works, the depth and all of the other positive aspects of the machine are still the same. It seems that the software update really does the trick. I can now go over targets extremely close together at a very brisk sweep speed, and you can count them out with the audio. This was what the doctor ordered for this unit. I'm very pleased with the results. The speed was already there, it just needed that audio tuned up to match. Now it's really up to speed, pulling keepers out of heavy trash. Kudos to Whites for turning this around quickly, and listening to the consumer! I'll be posting a recovery video sometime this weekend.
May i ask how you got your machine done so fast? I sent mine in last Saturday only a couple days after they said they would take them back, I called today to just check, they said it would be next week before they had a chance to look at it. then you have shipping on top of that. so i will be lucky to get it back the week after next.

I helped with the testing of the new software. I need to send the one I bought in as well. I'm currently using the test unit until mine gets the update. It's much faster than the original version. I held on to my original to do side by side comparisons to help ensure that nothing good was lost from the original machine when the software was changed. In my testing the depth is just as good, tones and recovery are much faster, and all the other things work as they should. The All Metals & Prospecting modes were very good to begin with, and the software update did nothing to change that. With the new set up this is a very competitive machine!

I'm waiting on the concentric, but I've tested the 10X6. It's got good coverage and target separation, but not quite as deep as the stock coil. It would be great for those trashy spots in parks etc were you don't plan on digging 8 plus inches, but want to cover ground at a good pace.

I wanted a extra coil to hunt old house sites with, I may try the 6x10. Main reason i got the sport was to check the creeks in my place for relics, there nice little knee depth creeks that ran threw the winter camps. worth a look see.