Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

whites should offer a class

We (White's of the Southeast, Distributor for FL-GA) have our Southeast Regional Rep, George Shryock, who has done several classes and seminars for various groups around Florida. Which is great, but I had a thought, what if he and other expert users were able set up to do a number of online/skype seminar/training sessions where people could watch him and ask questions? I know I get online with all of my brothers and sisters (there are 7 of us), we can all be on video or not, it's whichever we choose. I'll bring the idea to my boss because I don't know how the other Regional Distributors would react to us doing something like this, but maybe if the iterest is there, we may just be able to pull if off. What do you guys think?

If you can't interact you are watching a video. If you can interact it's chat room with all the problems of everyone trying to get their question answered. Only the moderator could have the web cam on so you couldn't raise your hand.

Hey guys, it's been awhile since I've been on here and I found this discussion very interesting. I think that there are a few things that people are looking for (because I am one of those people) in the operation of the V3(i).
1. A "magical" program that will find them a pound of silver. This will never happen of course. Maybe a couple of programs that would help in low-medium-high mineralized soil. Someone put out a book a few years ago (for the XLT) that had a few good programs in it. It taught me a lot about the XLT because it showed me what settings needed to be adjusted (and why <===<< BIG THING!) and I actually found more in areas that I had previously hunted because of;(see #2)

2. Make a lay mans term of what each function does AND how they work hand in hand with each other. The XLT only needed (literally) a few tweak adjustments and POW!, I was finding more coins. Myself, I couldn't get out last year due to health reasons so this year it will be like starting all over again. It's a pretty complicated machine and going through it all again makes it discouraging.

By the majority of the posts on this forum it seems that it has a steep learning curve. I don't know if there is a book out there yet.

It would make someone a superstar if they made a couple of down loadable or you tube videos showing what each function does and pins it in the forum. Make it so everyone could understand it, sort of like an apple iPad. Anyone could do it after viewing it. I'm sure even the pro's would learn something from it.

Just my piece of 8 worth.
Silver.

Whites has a great set of videos for the V's. There is the V3, V3i, Vx3 manual and Carl's advanced users guide. Then don't forget Carl's shortcuts and the on board manual, it is excellent.There are the two V forums. [size=large]It's about as good as it gets.[/size]

In person seminars are the best. The problem is guys don't want the expense of traveling and cost of the seminar. I can talk from experience. You guys who follow another forum will notice the forum host charges $40+ dollars for a 1/2 hour phone conference.

Guys have mentioned Minelab's free instruction. I would have to of driven 1000's of miles, paid for housing and have bought a $5000+ dollar detector. That was the detector that got the free training.

As far as a book goes, I don't know how informative it could be since most questions have been already answered on the forums. The V's aren't that new anymore.

One last question. Who would choose the few people you could take part in the on line seminar?