Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

whites treasure pro

I have the number to the factory of Whites and where I'm located at I'm two hours behind if anybody is reading this and its not on Eastern time that can call and get the serial numbers and post them on my form they would be greatly appreciated 1-541-376-6121

What was the problem with them? I just sent mine in because it wouldnt lock on to targets good.

Curious as to what you mean by locking on to targets. I have used just about every TID machine out there and none of them lock on a target and give you the exact same number every time unless the target is shallow and in a perfectly clean area. Trash next to targets, coil angle, coin angle, sweep speed and lots of other things can effect the TID. If you can bury a quarter flat a couple inches down in clean ground, you might find that it will "lock on" just fine. Jumpy numbers are just a part of learning your machine and what it's trying to tell you. Some machines are more stable than others and the TPro is a lot more stable than some I have used. If you have someone you hunt with, compare your numbers to his machine and see if you really have a problem or it's just your lack of experience with the machine.

I'm sure it's the lack of knowledge of my treasure pro haven't had it long or haven't had a filed to use it in either... thanks for the info new at this stuff and I don't have anyone that has a metal detector to compare it to

My M6 locks on targets 90 percent of the time dead on and doesnt fluctuate. The TPro had a hard time with a quarter a half inch deep. I have run plenty of Whites machines and none fluctuated or was iffy on signals like the TPro I got. I am sure its probably a bad coil. Whites will take care of it. I have confidence.

Did you happen to check for iron after you removed the quarter?

No I didnt but I have hunted this park a lot of times without any problems. After the incident with the half inch quarter, I put the TPro uo and broke my M6 back out and cleaned house. Now I know the TPro is certainly a different beast but I know how a detector is suppose to react. Ive had quite a few and did well with them. Another thing mine was doing is I had the threshold turned down with sensitivity at 5 and discrininated out all but high tone coins. Every swing I would get a low tone. EVERY swing. That is aggravating when I have it disced out. I know it is most likely the coil. I just got one that has problems. I am sure they are very competent machines.

Does anyone know which processor is in the TM/TP? If it's the same as was in the COINMASTER GT then I for one would have reason to worry. I'm a big time White's supporter except for the GT. It wa chatty and depth was poor. White's has a history of putting the same guts in a different wrapper. IMHO

Don't find that to be true about the GT at all. But my soil is not very mineralized and I do use a NEL Hunter on it which is much better than the 9" in trash. My first guess when I saw this was a reboxed GT so would not be surprised. I would guess the upgraded it as I think it runs on 9v vrs the 8AA of the GT and still get the same run time if not more.

dirtmaster said:
My M6 locks on targets 90 percent of the time dead on and doesnt fluctuate. The TPro had a hard time with a quarter a half inch deep. I have run plenty of Whites machines and none fluctuated or was iffy on signals like the TPro I got. I am sure its probably a bad coil. Whites will take care of it. I have confidence.

It does sound like you have a bad coil. If the M6 is locking on to targets better then I would be upset too ! Sounds like a trip to Whites may be necessary. I also have the same problem with the low tone and it has been one of the few complaints that I have had against this detector but it doesn't bother me that much. I run in 8 tones with only Iron discriminated out and sometimes I run wide open. The M6 is a good machine !!!

pescadore said:
dirtmaster said:

It does sound like you have a bad coil. If the M6 is locking on to targets better then I would be upset too ! Sounds like a trip to Whites may be necessary. I also have the same problem with the low tone and it has been one of the few complaints that I have had against this detector but it doesn't bother me that much. I run in 8 tones with only Iron discriminated out and sometimes I run wide open. The M6 is a good machine !!!

Mine also makes a low tone chirp at the end of the swing most of the time . I have learned to ignore it as it doesn't stay on just a end of the swing chirp . My VDI numbers don't lock solid ether but they usually only jump one or two numbers back and forth if its a good target its hitting with no other interference . I dug 12 coins the other day at a short park hunt using the 10 inch DD and also the Whites 4x6 coil . This detector is differently different than my other whites I'm use too but think it will be ok once I learn this particular style machine .

A chirp at the end of a swing is almost always because the coil is lifted a little. Try a shorter swing or work on twisting your wrist a little more to keep the coil flat to the ground on the end swing. :thumbup:

Larry (IL) said:
A chirp at the end of a swing is almost always because the coil is lifted a little. Try a shorter swing or work on twisting your wrist a little more to keep the coil flat to the ground on the end swing. :thumbup:

I will work on that Larry that's one reason I was wanting a little longer lower rod the ones that come with them are almost to short for me I have to sort of bend forward to reach the ground my arms to short I guess . lol I like to scrub the ground helps me keep flat that way but can't when my reach is to short.

I wanted one of these new machines for my wife but after my experience with the GT I am a bit skeptical since some of the problems Dirtmaster describes are similar. I may have had a lemon but the White's guys said it was working properly. The Treasure Master would be perfect for her because of the Auto Trac and Auto GB features.The TM/TP circuitry was designed to be more efficient, therefore the decrease from 12v. to just 3v, but that doesn't necessarily mean that the processor logic is better. I've often wondered if any detector could be effective on so little voltage. Think I'll wait until more reports are in. I sill remain loyal to White' s. After all, I owned 5 different models, and they all performed well, except for the GT.
Hope Dirtmaster gets the problems ironed out with his machine! GL and HH.

I will give an update when I get it back. I am sure it will be fine. Afterall it is a Whites and I have full confidence in them.

I tend to agree since I'm the one who bought your GT. Didn't impress me either.

I have been watching video's of the TP and it seems to have a lot of nice features, but I have heard the scattered ID references as well (beyond 3").

Wasn't impressed with the F22/F44 either over what I have.

Next up is the new Deteknix machine. I know I love the PPer for the price, and will be watching this one as well.