Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

White's VX3 - Settings for Utah?

Digging Pitts

So I have had this machine for a year and I really want to love this machine, but most times I take it out I am about ready to wrap it around a tree.

I am a real newbie to it.

I have read all that I can on this machines on this forum and others. Tried all that I read and learned The biggest problem is it false and chatters all the time and many times I end up digging empty holes because even though the VX3 said something was there it is not. I've tried different coils. I've tried just using factory setting as well. I always manual ground balance etc.

I feel like the biggest problem is that I can't nail the settings correctly. I usually hunt in Coin and Jewelry mode. How low can I take the RXGain and still get good depth? Or do I only lower the discrimination setting?

Or does it sound like White's needs to take a look at it?

Anyway hoping someone out there can help me with a few good "Utah" settings on this machine that will work. I would really appreciate it

(I'll fall back on my MXT All Pro in the meantime...... :) )

Thanks in advance!!!

You can't go by what others use in Utah, your ground conditions can change by walking across the street. The VX3 is like any other detector, you ground balance and adjust for stability, if it is noisy and falses, you have the gain and/or discrimination set too high. Ground conditions limits your depth not so much your settings.

Im in sandy. Where are you located? I ca help you out. I tried to send you a pm but i couldnt send you one. Email me at djamblair@gmail.com

Dan

My Vx3, on the stock coin and jewelry program, gets a little unstable with numerous ghost signals going on. All I do to calm it down, is change the (default) 5Hz filter to the 12 Hz Filter. All the Ghost signals are gone and she runs very stable.

Thanks Rob and Dan! The help is greatly appreciated! Dan also suggested dropping the filter and that has helped a ton! I really appreciate it!