Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

WHITE'S = WOW

CROCK of COINS

I sent my V3 in to White's for the update and repair of "pod assembly" (display housing).
White's got the V3 on Monday AM and back to me Friday NOON ! ! ! WOW

Thank you for the NEW coil cover! And also the NEW coil!!! I was having a hard time with the coil when I went to pinpoint in Salt/Beach program. It works now ;-)

Thank You Todd.
Jerry

its a pity that whites dont offer the upgrade here in Scotland or the UK i live 30 miles from whites UK in Inverness , i contacted them ref the upgrade and they say that they have heard nothing about upgrades officially (didnt even know about 1.3 even ) or how they would carry them out and the headphone fix would be a blessing , obviously over here once they get your money your on your own ,unless its something in for repair that they can charge you for . not the best advert methinks .. maybe should post my v3 to sweethome might be quicker .. other problem is electric fences around pig farms the v3 picks emi up from them at around 100 feet by 50 feet its beeping non stop unusable and not much difference near power lines and its the only detector ive had that can pick up the signals from the gas line , i keep wondering when the bbc world service will come through the head phones. starting to lose confidence in the v3...................................

Moray, I have the same trouble with my MXT when i get near an electric fence. The fence charger was a big one that kept a huge Herford Bull inside the pasture.I just packed up my detector and moved on to another site..

moray , Try Freq offset / Different Freq 22.5 / 7.5 / 2.5 Lower Gain????? for the Electric fence, Mic

tried all of that mickfin with no joy , beginning to think it should be called an emi detector rather than a metal detector . the worst problem could be where my best fields are that i am waiting for to be harvested right beside two major military air bases with associated power lines below and above ground , communication towers and all the rest . plus the poor back up from whites uk on the v3 seriously thinking of an etrac and if i find that i cannot use it on my best fields then i will bin it ... not a happy v3 user :ranting:

Alistair, You may need to sell the V3 and go back to what ever you had. Life is too short to just keep bitching about thing that will not change ;-)

Good Luck
Jerry

Correlate mode or single frequency 22.5 are my two best friends with EMI, Ali. I don't know if they would help you or not, but worth a try.

Try contacting Inverness again. We recently sent them all the equipment they need to reprogram V's.

- Carl

cheers guys was out today was right under power lines and no emi but havent been near any livestock fencing again .... wierd . didnt find much

CROCK of COINS said:
I sent my V3 in to White's for the update and repair of "pod assembly" (display housing).
White's got the V3 on Monday AM and back to me Friday NOON ! ! ! WOW

Thank you for the NEW coil cover! And also the NEW coil!!! I was having a hard time with the coil when I went to pinpoint in Salt/Beach program. It works now ;-)

Thank You Todd.
Jerry

Now i know where my coil cover went! mine came back with a new coil minus my old cover LOL (im not joking but it does sound funny)