Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

whittling

Years ago, I carved a Dragon about a foot in length. Also did a Chess Set...but it's long gone.. No time now...other interests.
Rj. :thumbup: :usaflag:

My father was an artist,he did oil paintings.I. sent him a block of wood that I started to carve and lost interest.He mailed it back a week later. It was a beautiful Indian head. Pipe.I wish I had his talent.

I do some wood carving now and then. Made all my own carving knives. I like to pencil draw better, its easier than sticking a sharp knife in my hand.

Yes, i have 23 stiches in my left hand to show how much i enjoy the hobby. :) my kevlar carving glove looks real good sitting on the book shelf. Guess i should wear it.

I always wished I could wood carve/whittle .............. I have always admired, and appreciated, the finished pieces I have had the pleasure of seeing.

Hey Elton, it does not take talent to whittle, just a sharp knife and an enjoyment of one of the simpler things in life. About the only thing I whittle well is a point on a stick for roasting marshmallows. Now wood carving is an art. Lots of fancy tools and skill to carve, just a pocket by knife and a piece of wood to whittle.

Well .one has to be talented to see what they want in the stick their whittling on.... and yes woodcarving is an art for sure..

I have seen little wood cars, crosses, and other things whittled out of the sticks found laying on the ground.. Now just whittling to whittle is about all I could ever manage..Make small sticks out of bigger sticks ..:rofl:

Just look at that spoon your working on.......... You have the vision... !!

yea started out with a 6 ft piece of tiger striped maple some one ask me if i every messed up i told them NO i never mess up finely ended up with a 2 inch bird. i never mess up.

Love the wood carving also. I used to be involved with a carving competition put on by the Smokey Mountain Woodcarvers. The competition was held at Dollywood in Pigeon Forge, Tn. They had carvers from 13 differing states at one time. Do any of you carving enthusiasts remember anything about that? I was a participant in the early 90's.I had too many hobbies and loved them all........

just bought a carvin' jack knife from flexcut, really looking forward to sitting on the front porch this summer when I'm not out detecting ;)