Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Who Can Repair My Sovereign GT

For the price of a Minelab GT I would let Minelab replace the board, especially with a warranty. Sometimes there are no short cuts. Good Luck.

Minelab no longer makes parts for the Sovereign GT. There are still a lot of parts in the system but Minelab will not sell parts to an individual. I tried in the past to get a GT repaired by another facility but he could not get the parts to repair my machine. Sovereign's have kept their value quite well and are still an outstanding machine. It is worth getting repaired.

are there damaged traces or poor solder on the board?
Easiest fix is always to swap it out - haven't heard of anyone that actually tries to repair boards without a schematic (except me).
I might be interested in the bad board just to see if I can fix it (and make a waterproof detector out of it).

Barry