Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Who else uses E-Trac Manager?

robby4570

I do and I like it a LOT better than Xchange. Hey Mods/Admin, could we get a forum for this program? It would be great to have an area to exchange ideas and info on E-Trac Manager with other users.

I think I just found a huge flaw on the modes tab, don't quite know what is going on but it would appear that if you set up a mode and save it to the archive, then try to load another mode from the archive into another user mode slot, not all of the settings change. I will report back tomorrow after I have gotten some sleep and hooked up the machine to the computer and tried it out...

I'll second that on a forum for the Manager. It's a great program but is not what I would call user friendly or easy to learn to navigate. Rob has helped me get started and answered a few of my questions. Maybe if we had a forum it could help many utilize this app/program.

There is a NEW VERSION 1.08 BETA just released by the developer!!! It has a bug fix in it that has corrected the problems I mentioned earlier. Just message me for the URL to download the new patch as I am not sure it's OK to post the link here. I tested the issues and contacted the developer and within 36 hours I had an email back from the developer that the fix had been made, tested and released. I have downloaded it and tested it briefly tonight and it does indeed look as if this patch works fine. That is some OUTSTANDING support on the part of the developer and is to be commended! So, if you haven't tried this program, I highly encourage you to give it a try, you won't be sorry. Minelab should have bought into this program and collaborated with the developer. This is a great program with excellent support.

WOW! 252 views so far and ONLY ONE COMMENT?? Wuhzzzup with that?

Wish there was a short simple navigational tutorial to shorten the learning curve on how to use it. I think it will be a great tool when I figure it all out.

I'm thinking about doing a video... I've used it for about 24 hours now and feel pretty good with it. It is a powerful program!

I just downloaded it and messed around some....like said above, I am having a hard time transferring a program off of it into my Etrac. I am sure it is pretty simple.. I will just mess around with it some more....it looks like a great tool.

Sending the file up to the E-Trac should be the easy part, is it connecting to the MD? Lower left corner it will be green or red depending on connect status...

OK, the video stinks but it should get you going with this program. Here's a quick explanation I sent to one person who responded to this thread....

[size=medium]The how to is rather long winded. You have to import the pattern and mode files into E Trac Manager (EMAN). Have you extracted all the files from the two zip files I sent you? If so you should be able to browse for the when you click IMPORT in either the modes or patterns tabs.

File and folder setup is kind of critical. You don't need to do it like I do but you need to be able to find these files. I have a main folder call ETRAC where I keep everything related to the E-Trac. All the manuals in PDF format, screen shots, and several sub-folders. First is EMAN where I installed the E-Trac Manager program to initially. Then I have sub-folders for PATTERN, MODE, and Preferences & Universal Settings (this last one is not necessary unless you use Xchange as well). Extract the Pattern ZIP file to the PATTERNS sub-folder and the Modes ZIP file to the MODES sub-folder.

Once you have the files extracted, you're ready to start. I uploaded a short video to my youtube channel, no audio, just watch the steps. I'll do a better video this week and get it uploaded but tonight's should get you started. It is at https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HZd6G6_EaC8&list=UUpFSkc5vRmSe1L4x_sw9MCA So now it's late, I need some sleep but hopefully this will get you started at importing and using the mode and pattern files.[/size]