Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Who makes the best meter dust cover for an Explorer series?

straker

I'm looking for a dust cover for my Exp Se Pro. Who makes the best quality cover...other than Minelab?

Hi!.
I have used expensive dust covers on my SE Pro but they kept tearing so I now use heavy duty plastic freezer bags which I fix with insulation tape. I find that they can make 2-3 trips before being replaced also they are quite water proof as opposed to the manufactured ones which only keep the screen clean.

Try ebay and search for seller vintagesnowflake I have bought covers from him for both my E Tracs, CTX3030, F75 and Deus. He is in the Ukraine but ships out quickly and I usually have it in hand within 2 weeks. The quality is second to none. Seems to be a military grade weatherproof material. I am ordering one for my newly acquired Explorer 2

Check out this topic on the Minelab E-Trac Forum: "E-Trac Heat-shrink rain shield and homemade screen protector." I made my own and it works very well, if I say so myself.

Gerry

straker said:
I'm looking for a dust cover for my Exp Se Pro. Who makes the best quality cover...other than Minelab?

Here's a video of the making of the Heat-Shrink Bag Environmental Cover process:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wQOO6RKhDYU

I made my own version of it, but this was the video that inspired me. Check out my posts for a more elaborate, albeit, tougher to make version.

Gerry

I just bought a SE. IT has a cover, don't know the brand, it has a lot of glare. I'd like to find one that doesn't have any glare. I might try some shirk wrap to see if it works better