Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Who Needs a detector,,,:rofl:

BJ in Okla.

Was hunting with Phil in OKC Tuesday, Phil was already hunting when I got there.

Phil was using his E-Trac,,, my SE was in my car, Phil was hunting, I was walking around, looking the site over.

Found a old bottle, laying on top of the ground, some old bottle necks from some old bottles that used a glass stopper,, then saw what looked like a quarter on top of the ground, picked it up, it looked like dirty silver, cleaned off the date, it was 1943-d,, went over to Phil and told him that I was going to hunt over there where I came from, showed Phil what I had found,, and then was headed for my car, he started moving towards his truck, I asked, where you going, he said, I am going with you lol...

Then I took him to where I found the quarter and looked down and saw a Penney on top of the ground, I picked it up and cleaned on it some, showed it to Phil, I said it looks like a wheatie,it was a 44.

Phil went and got his ET and we tried to hunt the area, the units stayed in a null, to much iron.

We put the tectors down and went to looking.

Phil found a old shot glass...

While I am out hunting, always look for stuff on top of the ground.

I have found a V nickel, 2 IH,wheaties, and some other coins on top of the ground, also some old marbles.

Oh, the wheatie turned out to be a 44 - s..

Went to another site and found a 1979 quarter and a 1961 Penney on top of the ground..

Never dug a coin all day...

Now, about the null, I saw a old tab with a tail, I could pick it up in the null, but don't think I had any depth...

Next I saw another old tab with a tail, no way would the SE Pro with the 8 X 6 SEF coil pick it up...

Phil was using his E-Trac with a 5 or 6 inch Ex. coil, he said his was in a null all the time.

There was so many nails on top of the ground, you could not count them all.

If my coil touched the ground, it went into a over load.

I got out my CZ with 5" coil, low tone to high tone, and if the coil touched the ground it went into a over load. I turned the sens all the way down, and still the over load.

This looked like where they had burnt a house down.

It was a shame to see all the old broken glass, some of it was that old Blue glass.

We had fun.

BJ

Sounds like a great site for two tone ferrous.
congrats on the finds.

go back to this place again,you found spot, turn down sensitivity to 5-10 manual ,if situation allows raise it, switch to ferrous without discrimination with original coil, raise Gain to 9-10, be slow and you will get allot signals. dig everything, no better detector in iron like explorer. after try Audio 1. switch off deep and fast. try different noise cancel channels manualy-1 and 11. try one if you will pick up to much iron switch to 11. good luck

Sometimes when you get to a sight like that you need to drag a magnet around for a few. I went with a friend of mine to an old place that was torn down, and that was what he did. He had this big Rare earth magnet he was dragging around till he got it stuck on something. Then he pinched himself trying get get it off. One of the strongest magnets I ever seen, but it got rid of most all the nails.

Hi Waterdog,
I have one of those roll around magnets like roofers use.
Also we were thinking about sifting it.
thanks...HH..
BJ

Hi Stasys,
We will try that when we go back to that site....
I don't think any settings or any detector can work in all this mess.
We are thinking about sifting it.
Thanks and HH..
BJ