Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Who needs a metal detector to find silver ?:stars:

Trailduster

Officially past the 1 year mark of MD'ing as of September. Started out with an F2 last year and graduated to a F70 spring of 2013.

Found a walker, merc, and washington with the F2

Have not found one coin with the F70 yet. But did find a nice solid .925 ring with leaves around it, and last week a 7.4g .925 religious pendant w/Jesus on one side and Mary on the other.

But, as the title implies.

Who needs a MD when you can score big working at a supermarket !

Been working nights at a supermarket since July to make ends meet and switched to cashier in August.

As of mid Sept I have scored 2 silver rosies in the Coinstar, and 3 Silver Rosies in my cash drawer as well as 1 1943 war nickle. That make 5 silvers in the past month without digging one hole.

Who'd a thunk it. :lmfao:

I wonder some times if just maybe someone used Grandpaw's or Great Grandpaw's coin collection to make purchases. My son gave me a 1950 Rosie that he found in pocket change. I was in a store a number of years back 15 or so and made a purchase. When the Store Owner opened the till I noticed a beautiful silver dollar in the till. I asked him if he would sell the coin and he said Yeah give me a couple of dollars. I was more than happy to oblige. I worked retail for about 13 years and ran a cash register also for two years but never found any silver in my till.

There's still a lot of silver in circulation, here's proof, my part-time roll hunting efforts for 2013.
My dirtfishing efforts: not so great.

Nice finds amc

I was wondering the other day about finding mercs in rolls just for the simple fact they are different I would think even the average person would pick them or at the least not wrap them for return.

Trailduster said:
Nice finds amc

I was wondering the other day about finding mercs in rolls just for the simple fact they are different I would think even the average person would pick them or at the least not wrap them for return.
Thanks Trailduster. From what I've observed, the average Joe figures the mercury dime is a foreign coin, at least here in Michigan (I find about 50 foreign Canadian coins per $500 in dimes that I search).

As a note, I've even found Barber dimes in rolls, a half-dozen so far.