Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Who rolled back an why??

Melinda_Leo

My unit came with the newest latest version.. newly hired minelab detectorist him an his wife run there's at version 2 even today based on recent sodbusters video.. an talk with him.. .. do you roll back cause you use to the old settings .. or is there truly an issue.. all the Clive books.. never speak of a need to roll back the software ..
Thanks in advance

When I bought my Equinox, it had version 1.75 on it...I updated to version 2 as soon as I got it which had just come out.
After using it quite a bit with version 2, I updated to version 3.0 and used it some afterwards.
For me the 4 khz did not really impress me... too many bad targets sounded like coins to me.
However, I did find one silver coin while using 4Khz, but I prefer using multifrequency.
I also seemed to notice that silver coins, especially dimes, did not seem to give quite the same sound as they did before updating from version 2.
I continued using it with version 3.0, but later mentioned this to another forum member and asked him if he noticed any difference and he stated that he did.
Shortly after our discussion, we both reverted back to version 2.0 and currently are operating with that version.
Since your detector came with the latest version, I would say keep it as there are no bugs with it... everyone has their own preferences.

Last edited:
While I had the nox, I rolled back because I was having serious issues with it-- specifically, it was missing some coins my other MLs were grabbing. And at times behaving erratically.

I had updated to version 3.0 and used it for sometime. One thing I noticed there was a difference in sound when hitting on silver coins from version 2. The tone / sharpness just wasn't there. Minelab's 4Khz is a powerhouse at hitting silver but it also makes pull tabs, bottle tops, and other junk sound like good coin targets as well. For me, I prefer version 2. My preference does not indicate there were major issues because there are none. 4Khz works the way it should and it was noted by Minelab that's how their single 4khz mode was designed. As far as audio, I listen intensively by utilizing 50 tones. 50 Tones provide an enormous amount of nuances that all the other tone modes do not have. In version 3, I felt I lost all this audio information. This is why I reverted back to Version 2.