Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Who thinks that settings make any difference.

The sovereign was one of my favorite machines the problem is with my health i can no longer swing a 6lb detector for any length of time.
I don’t have to use all the features to enjoy the lightness of the new detectors
Oh believe me, I couldn't swing it in the stock configuration it originally came in! That's why I have mine pimped out on an Anderson carbon fiber straight rod with the control box mounted way back under the elbow. It balances out about as well as my Legend with the LG15 coil. I don't even feel it's weight and it's a pleasure to swing!

For heavy detectors, a swingy thingy works wonders. It even helps hold my pants up. Good thing, too. Crack kills! lol
I don’t even wear wired headphones just because I don’t like to be tethered to anything by my head let alone my entire torso.
You can buy a newer car with air bags or strap yourself in your car with nascar harnesses, whatever is more comfortable to you.

A Fisher CZ or Tesoro Vaquero are simple. Set sensitivity and ground balance, the CZ also has a toggle switch for salt water. They don't need programs and such to perform close to the top of the line detectors. Do whatever brings enjoyment to you in your hobbies.
I don’t think its really as much of a performance issue as a feature issue that people are after. I don’t think everyone is spending all that money believing that the new detectors are going to go that much deeper to find stuff.
Discrimination and unmasking that can be done better with the newer technology vs analog detectors. Having a VDI screen with numbers to cherry pick more as well as things like waterproof, rechargeable batteries, emi filters we almost need because 20 years ago there wasn’t all the wifi, cellular and other junk in the air.
Don’t get me wrong the sovereign and vaquero were my two favorite but couldn’t hardly use them to the beach and went through batteries like crazy. Those 9v batteries have gotten expensive.
You don’t need or have to use all the features of the newer detectors but nice to have the ones you do

The sovereign was one of my favorite machines the problem is with my health i can no longer swing a 6lb detector for any length of time.
I don’t have to use all the features to enjoy the lightness of the new detectors
I bagged my control box in an old blue purse of my wife's. Cut a hole in the bottom for the coil wire.
Sling it around my neck and shoulder.
Just swing the coil now. Much better.
Though on my knees digging.
Sometimes the bag gets in the way.

I'm not disagreeing, only making a point. I sold my CZs and Vaqueros.
Tesoros run fine on rechargeable 9v and sepererate very well. CZs are great on the beach and as good as anything out there resisting emi but wear me out fast.

I bagged my control box in an old blue purse of my wife's. Cut a hole in the bottom for the coil wire.
Sling it around my neck and shoulder.
Just swing the coil now. Much better.
Though on my knees digging.
Sometimes the bag gets in the way.

The setup of my Sovereign was superb to swing it all day.

Sovereign GT 690x477.JPG

My light weight Sovereign GT set up.
13" Ultimate and Coiltek 5×10" coils are Awesome.
Still experimenting with the little Snake 3.5×6" Nel coil.
The 13" is lighter than either the 8" tornado and 10" factory coils.
I bought this new for my oll Daddeo up in Alaska.
He tried it twice. Just couldn't figure it out before he passed. My little brother finally got it back to me here a couple yrs ago.
Though I was layed up for a few years hardly used it. Maybe 20hrs on this machine.

Attachments

• IMG_20230723_164930.jpg
    IMG_20230723_164930.jpg
    3.1 MB · Views: 95
Last edited:
Oh believe me, I couldn't swing it in the stock configuration it originally came in! That's why I have mine pimped out on an Anderson carbon fiber straight rod with the control box mounted way back under the elbow. It balances out about as well as my Legend with the LG15 coil. I don't even feel it's weight and it's a pleasure to swing!
Any pictures ???

The only problem with this set up is that the control box is sat on the ground , without a protective cover i guarantee dirt will work it's way into the controls. cause problems over time.
No. I made a stand which hold the box a few inches above the ground AND also protected the coil connector. And this images were done 2008.
I also made a battery pack modification which held 10 AAA NiMh rechargeables. Sorry, no image from that.

And with that this is the last post here on the Nokta Legend forum from me. Sorry for this.
If the Admin or a Moderator feels this is misplaced, please delete.

Sovereign GT-2.jpg

No. I made a stand which hold the box a few inches above the ground AND also protected the coil connector. And this images were done 2008.
I also made a battery pack modification which held 10 AAA NiMh rechargeables. Sorry, no image from that.

And with that this is the last post here on the Nokta Legend forum from me. Sorry for this.
If the Admin or a Moderator feels this is misplaced, please delete.

View attachment 44297
Nice.
Oops. I got this mixed up with beep an dig. Sorry.