Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Who uses their wired headphones with the Equinox or Manticore detectors?

Jason-ks

I was just curious who all uses their wired headphones plugged into the 1/4 inch to 1/8 inch adapter, offered by Minelab? I love my wireless headphones, but have been thinking about using my SunRay Golds with this connector instead of the wireless headphones. :minelab:

Water detecting 95% of the time, I have to se wired headphones. I have the Gray Ghost for my 800 and Manticore. If I and junt for any length of time I change over to the wireless headphones. I love the freedom from the wire, but the wireless headphones loose connection when the control box is submerged. Such is life, no one item can do everything.

I use my Koss keadphones on my 600 with a 6" coil and the wireless on my 900. I have Pro Golds on my Explorer SE. My Pro Golds will not work with the Equinox series.

I just bought (Finally!) waterproof Minelab headset for water hunting. The wireless ones cut out the second the control box goes under water

I was just curious who all uses their wired headphones plugged into the 1/4 inch to 1/8 inch adapter, offered by Minelab? I love my wireless headphones, but have been thinking about using my SunRay Golds with this connector instead of the wireless headphones. :minelab:
Only in the water for my manticore and Grey ghost

I have been using Garrett MS-2 headphones on my 800, but have occasionally used the wireless set too.
Out of all the headphones I have, only the Garrett’s will work on it.
The Sunrays I have will not work on my 800 either.

I recently bought the wm09 for the Manticore. My Sunrays have the Minelab eight-inch already on them. I thought the factory headphones were good and they are better than the ones that came with the equinox, but they don't block the wind or have the quality of sound I am looking for. I personally feel my finds rate has improved.

Use Killer B’s on my etrac and they “speak” to me like no other headphones I have used. Would they work on a Manticore?

The Killer B’s and Sunrays I have will not work on my 800..
Have to go thru the wm09. Or but a set wired for the Minelabs This topic was covered in great depth when the CTX Equinox came along, Minelab has a different connection. No different than the old days when fisher wouldn't play with white etc...

Have to go thru the wm09. Or but a set wired for the Minelabs This topic was covered in great depth when the CTX Equinox came along, Minelab has a different connection. No different than the old days when fisher wouldn't play with white etc...
Jeff, I have not tried the WM-08, but I do have the Minelab 1/8”-1/4”cable… what I have will not work with this setup.🤔

Killer Bee's have the same working components as the sunrays. With an adaptor Yes.

I have a set of Killer Bees that I use with my etrac. Thats what I was thinking about hooking up to the Equinox. I use my Sunray Gold Pros with my CTX. Thanks for your input Mark (y)

Living here in Southern AZ it gets pretty HOT with H.P. I sweat profusely at and around my forehead. I have Sunray Pro golds and White's 9000 H.P. which to me are the most comfortable but I do get hot. Both have 1/4 phono jack but I can use the adapters to 1/8 phono jack. Presently they are semi retired because of sweating issues for me.

I presently use two types of wrap around Bluetooth ear buds (See pics) and two types of Bluetooth transmitters purchased from Amazon (See pics). They use a 12 or 18 inch long, 1/8 to 1/8 cable from the transmitter to the H.P. jack at the back of the detector (I use XL Pro and V3i). I attach the transmitter to the top of the detector with a small piece of velcro.

Turn them both on and pair em. Put on my wide brim hat and away I go to do some detecting. The advantage for me is I eliminate heat and heavy sweating. This system works like a champ!

My question to ya all is will they work on the Nox 900 and Manticore?

20240401_084509.jpg20240401_084538.jpg20240401_084556.jpg20240401_085022.jpg20240401_085217.jpg20240401_085311.jpg

Living here in Southern AZ it gets pretty HOT with H.P. I sweat profusely at and around my forehead. I have Sunray Pro golds and White's 9000 H.P. which to me are the most comfortable but I do get hot. Both have 1/4 phono jack but I can use the adapters to 1/8 phono jack. Presently they are semi retired because of sweating issues for me.

I presently use two types of wrap around Bluetooth ear buds (See pics) and two types of Bluetooth transmitters purchased from Amazon (See pics). They use a 12 or 18 inch long, 1/8 to 1/8 cable from the transmitter to the H.P. jack at the back of the detector (I use XL Pro and V3i). I attach the transmitter to the top of the detector with a small piece of velcro.

Turn them both on and pair em. Put on my wide brim hat and away I go to do some detecting. The advantage for me is I eliminate heat and heavy sweating. This system works like a champ!

My question to ya all is will they work on the Nox 900 and Manticore?

View attachment 55165View attachment 55166View attachment 55167View attachment 55168View attachment 55169View attachment 55170
There's a bunch of people that use similar setups as this with their Nox units here in NE Kansas. My question to you is are these ear buds low latency or do they have a delay when swinging over signals? There's definitely some days in which it's hot as hell in July/Aug/Sept but I still use my headphones. When I'm done I always put them inside a headphone case with gel silicone packs to take any moisture away that might have collected from sweat.

There is some delay but, I observe my swing and adjust accordingly. I'd say it is 1/2 second or greater delay... not too bad. The silicone pack idea is a good one, never thought of that. Lastly, I always carry a couple of hankies.

TC-NM

I'm using Sunray Pro Gold style for my Manticores. Since Pro Golds are no longer available and my old ones were toast I purchased the parts and assembled some new pairs myself. I upgraded a few things. Also eliminated all the toggles and volume adjusters, not needed on the Manticore. I use them with the WM09. Tried to go back to corded Sunrays via the Minelab 1/8 to 1/4 adapter cable, wow so annoying to be attached to the detector again. Hence this WM09 setup.

The wiring is very straight forward for Manticore. Speakers in series (not parallel). From jack tip to first speaker +, then from first speaker - to second speaker +, from second speaker - back to jack ring. Tie the jack sleave also to the ring, this tells the detector headphones are plugged in and to turn off the external speaker.

hp04.jpg

The Killer B’s and Sunrays I have will not work on my 800..
If they have yellow knob tips you can rewire them to work. The foam ear cups just pop off, grab them near the headband stem and pull, it takes a bit of effort. Then you can get at the wiring inside. Also clean or replace the foam, clean the grates. That foam can degrade to the point that it crumbles and falls apart. One failure of the design is that dirt, sweat, sand soaks into the foam and get nasty.