Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Who Wants A Big Foot Coil For The Racer?

I owned first a DFX and now a V3i pretty much for one reason only. They can run my Big Foot 3" x 18" coil. It is the only time I have owned detectors to run a coil instead of the other way around. Now, those two machines have all sorts of neat features but that is totally bedside the point. I am not running the detectors per se. I am running the Big Foot coil.

The thing is just awesome for covering sports fields or other large areas looking for more modern items like recent coins and jewelry. It is not a depth monster but that is a feature in my opinion. The way to score is to have a Big Foot and a screwdriver and just recoverable targets you pop quickly and move on. If it is deeper than the Big Foot can reach I don't want it for this style of detecting.

Better yet is the ability of the Big Foot, due to the figure 8 winding, to activate the front half of the coil for pinpointing purposes. It is as good or better than most pinpointers by itself, again, making target retrieval a snap. These coils are so good they were banned from most competition hunts as giving the owners an unfair advantage.

The main problem is they do not make the coil any longer, and they go for many hundreds of dollars used on eBay!! I could probably sell the coil for more than the detector it is attached to. Makro might not sell a lot of these coils but they could price them such as to make it worth their while, whatever that might be. My wallet is half open waiting. How about yours?

There has to be a reason why neither Whites nor Jimmy Sierra could get,them back into production after Jim Karbowsli, the maker and developer of these passed away. Apparentlymthey didn't,call,him "the wizard of the loop" for nothing!

For the Gold Racer.....Yes please.

I've been waiting for somebody, anybody to make another Bigfoot style or Cleansweep style coil.

HH
Mike

I just sold one of my three BigFoot coils and bought a new Tek Omega 8500 with the money. I have Two Racers that both need a BigFoot style coil to go with them. Add me to the list of Racer BigFoot Coil Wanters. Is that a word?

Hand made and tuned, nobody figure out how to make them cheap. I could never get White's to understand that A. People were willing to pay the Bucks, as proven by eBay and 2. That having them available sells detectors just to run them. The real problem is most detector companies are not in the business of selling coils and almost look at it as a necessary evil at best. To White's it would have been a low volume annoyance.

That is why I have a T foot from Jimmy. Good grief that is a huge coil that is light as a feather! My original TDI is balanced perfectly with it. I could stand one on my Racer and several other detectors I have. :detecting:
Sweetness!

Maybe Miner John/Razorback would be interested?

I loved the big foot it was not deep but boy at schools and parks it was like having a windsheild wiper as a coil...not sure if I would like it for relic hunting? They made a smaller one also I think?

The smaller coil (2" x 9") was originally called the GoldFoot made for the 6.59kHz detectors and another made for the Goldmasters. The name was later changed to the HotFoot for the DFX,M6, and MXT.

I do a competition hunt in socal once a year, it's a three day event and when I attended in April this year with my Racer, I did far better then I've done in the past. If I had that bigfoot coil, I bet it would clean house!

They're not banned at this competition hunt, but you see them on all the old school whites machines. I would definitely be interested in one if it existed for the Racer. Heck I'm curious about the MARS coils for the Racer, anyone got ahold of one of those yet?

HH,
Brian

I believe Bill Lahr still repairs BF coils here in SoCal. Maybe he has some ideas/recommendations about how to get a BF coil made that would work on the Racer.

Does he or Whites hold the patent ?? Anyone know.?............. I wonder if anyone can manufacture it without permission..

He also made the Magnum Force coils. Sadly, Jim passed away in 2007 and his coils are now collector's items. http://www.gazettetimes.com/news/local/obituaries/james-karbowski/article_c8505ae6-50ec-5639-8a21-33a96b718ad4.html

The coil has been cloned before, with less than perfect results. The alternative is the Tesoro Cleansweep design, which is nothing more than an elongated DD coil.

Thank you for that Steve.

We should all hope that our humble lives earn such a lovely passing notice.

”RIP,- The Wizard of the Loop".

Thanks Steve ..I had always heard Jimmy S designed that coil... Appreciate you clarifying things for me..

Steve,

Can you email me at wpaxt@aol.com? I've tried to PM you but your inbox is full. The email address you sent me for Dilek kicks back as "undeliverable."

Thanks.

Bill

I'd love to see a Bigfoot style coil for the F-75, but we all know that ain't gonna happen.
I don't like the S style rod the racer has, so I would rather see the Bigfoot style coil be made for the up N coming Impact.