Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Who's still swinging the original deus and orx?

yeah i saw that too.I’ll have to give that a try and report back later.I like the xterra pro as a backup but the id jumps atleast 10-15 different numbers on anything past 3 inches or so.I’ve turned the sensitivity down and tried another coil and it still does it.But the tones are very accurate.Just gotta dig the squeakers.The d2 spoiled me because the id is incredibly accurate.
Real curious let us know. I actually thought about getting it as i had the original xterra both the 505 and 705.
I think the older ones are more accurate from what ive seen. But same spoiled with the D2 even though i don’t really use the numbers,I don’t know ide ever use it.
For the price makes a good loner or beater if you ever need to thoroughly get between rocks and boulders in a dark cave lol.
Id still probably go with the simplex instead just me.

Real curious let us know. I actually thought about getting it as i had the original xterra both the 505 and 705.
I think the older ones are more accurate from what ive seen. But same spoiled with the D2 even though i don’t really use the numbers,I don’t know ide ever use it.
For the price makes a good loner or beater if you ever need to thoroughly get between rocks and boulders in a dark cave lol.
Id still probably go with the simplex instead just me.
I had the 705 as well.Far superior when it comes to id

I saw something on youtube couple days ago and curious if it is true. With the Xtrerra pro you can take four silver coins and run them each under the coil in an air test and they will each give a high tone. Then take all four silver coins and stack them together and run them under the coil and it will give an iron tone.
I was going to try this with this with my detectors but actually forgot about it until i just saw your post but think it was specifically for the xterra pro
I stacked 4 silver quarters and although it doesn’t read as iron it will not pick them up in park one.every other program works fine.all metal is fine as well.This is with the nox 6 inch coil.

I stacked 4 silver quarters and although it doesn’t read as iron it will not pick them up in park one.every other program works fine.all metal is fine as well.This is with the nox 6 inch coil.
That’s strange. So doesn’t see it at all like its not even there or just kind of nulled out like its iron. The test was primarily by sound only not what it read in numbers. All metal should pick up everything but using disc is where it gave that iron null so if you hunted by sound you would think it was iron. But what you are saying i think is in park it doesn’t even see it at all which is really strange and makes you wonder what else it’s totally missing

That’s strange. So doesn’t see it at all like its not even there or just kind of nulled out like its iron. The test was primarily by sound only not what it read in numbers. All metal should pick up everything but using disc is where it gave that iron null so if you hunted by sound you would think it was iron. But what you are saying i think is in park it doesn’t even see it at all which is really strange and makes you wonder what else it’s totally missing
Your right. i would call it a null.i think it’s the disc pattern in park 1.Every other program is loud and clear with good id.if i place the 4 quarters side by side it’s fine in any program.

I have used many detectors (equinox 800, dot The Legend, Deus 1, x Terra pro, whites mxt all pro,...) I have never gotten the performance I get from Xp orx, so if I were to choose a device for multifrequency, I would definitely say nox 800, but I would not change Xp orx for any of them, it is definitely number one for me.

I have used many detectors (equinox 800, dot The Legend, Deus 1, x Terra pro, whites mxt all pro,...) I have never gotten the performance I get from Xp orx, so if I were to choose a device for multifrequency, I would definitely say nox 800, but I would not change Xp orx for any of them, it is definitely number one for me.
You have to try the deus 2 .it’s multi frequency.And the id is incredibly accurate.so if you like the orx you’ll love the d2

You have to try the deus 2 .it’s multi frequency.And the id is incredibly accurate.so if you like the orx you’ll love the d2
I haven't tried Deus 2. I'm following Rutus Atrex. For me it's not important that it's light, it's definitely the performance that matters. Deus 2 is a bit out of my budget.

Most don't NEED the latest and greatest. If the detector you're using is finding good targets and brings enjoyment then it's fine. Most decent detectors ($200-300) will find 95+% of the targets that the most expensive ones can find. Finding a better location if possible will get you more and better finds than using the 'best' detector on an old permission.
Btw I'm considering a D2 but just to narrow down my collection.. 😁

Most don't NEED the latest and greatest. If the detector you're using is finding good targets and brings enjoyment then it's fine. Most decent detectors ($200-300) will find 95+% of the targets that the most expensive ones can find. Finding a better location if possible will get you more and better finds than using the 'best' detector on an old permission.
Btw I'm considering a D2 but just to narrow down my collection.. 😁
Agreed, swing what makes you happy i always say. What makes me happy is a very light detector i can swing due to health issues. The D2 makes that happen. Sometimes the latest and greatest is what works best.
You can get across the country by horseback a new jet works better for me lol

Still love'n the ORX and the HF coil. I did get to put about 50-60 hours on the D 2 but it didn't make me want to buy one, not yet anyway ;).

I haven't tried Deus 2. I'm following Rutus Atrex. For me it's not important that it's light, it's definitely the performance that matters. Deus 2 is a bit out of my budget.
I wish we could get the Rutus line here in the USA. They look very interesting.

Still using the Deus 1. At my age I can't justify the expense of a new detector.
Had I not impulse purchased the Deus 2, I would have just kept using my D1 as it is still just fine for the areas I detect.
While the D2 does edge out the D1 on ID and depth, it doesn't pinpoint as accurately, and it tends to false much more in iron (multifrequency).
If your hunting is parks, sports fields, farm fields, and generally mild soil, The D1 is perfectly capable.
If you need a machine that is a one size fits all, and has much more control over settings, then you will love the D2.
I like the D2 better than the D1 once I learned its language, but in my case, it wasn't worth $1300 for the upgrade.

Had I not impulse purchased the Deus 2, I would have just kept using my D1 as it is still just fine for the areas I detect.
While the D2 does edge out the D1 on ID and depth, it doesn't pinpoint as accurately, and it tends to false much more in iron (multifrequency).
If your hunting is parks, sports fields, farm fields, and generally mild soil, The D1 is perfectly capable.
If you need a machine that is a one size fits all, and has much more control over settings, then you will love the D2.
I like the D2 better than the D1 once I learned its language, but in my case, it wasn't worth $1300 for the upgrade.
If you don’t need alot of control over the settings keep in mind you can get the D2 lite for $799
It will still give you most of what the full D2 can

Had 2 Orx detectors which were ideal and the only reason I sold them was to enable me to get the deus2 which is my only detector now. Very happy with the D2
Good trade up, D2 has to be the most versatile detector on the market and you can always create a program to mimic your favorite ORX setup (y)

I hunt plowed fields 95% of the time and vacant lots the other 5%. But my field hunting is limited to the end of deer season which is the middle of January and the planting that can start as early as March or as late as May. Depending on the harvest we might get in a couple weeks before deer season starts in September. So, if I am lucky I can hunt for about 4-5 months out of the year. And once the temps get above 90 I only hunt vacant lots early in the morning or just before dark. Old age and heat don't go together very well.
I thought about getting the II and may still do so if my I gives out on me. I have had it for about 9 years now and am still on the original batteries. And my most used coil is the 11" X35 that I won in a Facebook group contest.
One more thought and I am done. If it hadn't been for an OTJ auto accident and having my neck fused I would probably still be swinging my White's DFX. The only reason I got the Deus was because of its light weight. I could swing the DFX for an hour or two at most but I can swing the Deus all day.

Last edited: