Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Why are the Whites TRX Pinpointers in such demand???

silverseeker 2

What is it about the Whites TRX pinpointer that makes it so PRICEY and a demand for them. I use a Garrett and Uni-probe
and couldn't see a need for anything different. What gives with these???
silverseeker 2

No reason at all imo. 90 % of the people wanting them now never wanted one before, just cause people are asking crazy prices for a pinpointer everyone thinks it’s a run.lol

What is it about the Whites TRX pinpointer that makes it so PRICEY and a demand for them. I use a Garrett and Uni-probe
and couldn't see a need for anything different. What gives with these???
silverseeker 2
Get 5 inches on a nickel and 3.5" on dimes, all done with tip only detection. Is there any other pinpointer made that can do that today?

Now, they aren't being made since Whites Electronics is no more. simple supply and demand.

Last edited:
I still have 2 the biggest advantage is depth with tip only 4 inches on pennys . The depth comes in play when you have coins in that 4 inch range can pinpoint them very easy instead of having to use your detector to locate . Hard to detect a banger exactly where it is with your detector . I am glad I bought a backup when I bought mine .sube

I have two also. I always choose the TRX when using a small trowel in parks. The tip detection (best compared to a flashlight beam) lets me know if the target was on the side and missed PLUS with the deepest detection , as said above, is great for pinpointing coins up to 4” deep.
When detecting fields and using a shovel I find the F pulse better (faster).
Those two are the best imo.

The Quest pro pinpointer is tip only also but I don't think it is as sensitive, I have the Quest and an MI6 but I have been using the carrot for so long I just use my beater Garrett carrot most of the time, what I usually do is locate my target in the hole with the carrot and then I use the Quest to tell me if it's iron or not. I am a Whites fanatic but for some reason I never owned a trx pinpointer

I have quite a few pointers and the TRX is my favorite. I could sell it for more than I paid for it but I am not going to do so. In well manicured areas, I only use a screwdriver to pop coins out and if the TRX won't hit it, I won't try to dig it. It has been worth every penny and if I find one for an only slightly outrageous price, I will probably have another. That's why the price is so high.

I have never needed more than the Garrett ProPointer could deliver. If it doesn't beep, I didn't dig deep enough. Lots of data in that regarding size and depth.

The Quest pro pinpointer is tip only also but I don't think it is as sensitive, I have the Quest and an MI6 but I have been using the carrot for so long I just use my beater Garrett carrot most of the time, what I usually do is locate my target in the hole with the carrot and then I use the Quest to tell me if it's iron or not. I am a Whites fanatic but for some reason I never owned a trx pinpointer
I've found boost on the Quest to be quite impressive.