Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Why Choose a Single Freq?

Charlives

I've never used a multiple frequency machine so my ignorance might be showing...but in what circumstance would anyone opt for only one frequency when having all the frequencies is an option?

POWER! different freqs work best with specific types of targets. Do you want to bleed off power to sub-optimal freqs or do you want max going to what you want? Depends also on ground minerals. Minimal minerals lets you use a single freq to max effectiveness. If you have a lot of iron in your soil, it hurts their depth ID and multi freq works better.

Of course, its possible here that this MAY be running multi freq constantly to adjust for minerals, then giving you the option of single search freq or multi search freq. We should know in about 2 months when they hit the market.

I like it to identify iron at depth. If it works like a deus, you can tell iron by shifting frequency and watching the numbers. I guess that assumes the numbers will tell us something on the equinox when it comes out.

Thought I read where the EQ gives full power to all the friq. All the time even in multi..or what ever prospecting mode you were in all the time full power..

Ksdirt said:
Thought I read where the EQ gives full power to all the friq. All the time even in multi..or what ever prospecting mode you were in all the time full power..

The Minelab rep on the video said that each Mode has a custom Multi Frequency tailored for different types of hunting.

Bryan

Ksdirt said:

Do we really know HOW the MF works? FBS claims multi freq up to 100kh, but it certainly doesnt have the performance to back it up. So, even though the minelab MF seems to do a great job with minerals and low conductors, we don't know exactly what its doing. For the time being, I'm wary of claims of full power across all the freqs in MF mode

My guess is we loose a lot of targets on multi freq...... size, mineral (and a lot of them), targets.... all averaged, filtered and processed. We have always said use the right tool for the job. Before we pretty much had to use a different detector.