Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Why Do High Tones Vanish..?

Jmaclen said it right did the target report when you turn 90 degrees to it
Non ferrous targets don't disappear (FALSES DO) recovery speed does not matter if it falses at 3 it well false at 2 okay. Since we have 4 bars showing this leads me to think its a surface iron target 5 inches in front of the coil. Try this nail 5 inches on the ground in front of the coil nail pointing at 4 o'clock we get a false at 22 to 28 in one spot perfect you say but move the coil forward so the nail hits the tip of the coil and signal is gone when we move farther forward the nox will null on the signal because it is close to the coil nox discriminates very well on surface iron and less so on deeper iron .
If we switch to the horseshoe mode and do the test it well show high tone and iron with each sweep at 5 inches as we move closer to the target we get all negative numbers (REMEMBER PINPOINT DOES NOT FALSE) if we check it in pinpoint it well pull you to where the target is at .
If there is a coin with the nail flat or on edge we well; get a good signal left and right but changing 90 degrees to it flat coin we well get a high tone mixed in with negative numbers if on edge left and right well be a good signal and 90 to it we well only get a high tone one way and negative numbers the other way.

As to the target disappearing won't happen regardless of recovery speed still there but may not hear if false is strong covering the high and not hearing the separate signals because of the slower speed all metal still well false just like your regular mode but ( PINPOINT DOES NOT FALSE) it well lead you to where the real target is . :thumbup: sube
Your right about the pinpoint. I don't know why I never tried that before. The tones and numbers would just vanish and I would walk away. the next time that happens I'm going straight to pinpoint.

1)Their is a limit on how slow you can swing and two slow and it will not detect.
I respectfully disagree. On the equinox, I have discovered very minute movement of the coil will pick up non-ferrous targets.

2) Remember the wire to the coil is metal but stationary but if it flops and and moves to much it can cause a false signal.
I agree. make sure the wire isn't loosely hanging over the coil.

so it take a certain amount of speed to be able to detect an object.
I respectfully disagree. The slightest of movement can and will detect ferrous and non-ferrous targets. This machine is even more sensitive to targets then the Minelab Sovereign I use to hunt with - More sensitive to targets at ultra slow speeds.

3)The higher the recovery rate the better the separation but their will be less depth so if you are going for deep items you may need to lower the recover rate.
Doug.
Basically, I do agree

Your right about the pinpoint. I don't know why I never tried that before. The tones and numbers would just vanish and I would walk away. the next time that happens I'm going straight to pinpoint.

Yep, the pinpoint function takes you to a momentarily amplified version of whatever mode you are in with all metal targets accepted. If you get a 25 VDI and a momentary high tone, go into pinpoint mode and get absolutely nothing in the coil area, the target could have been tiny magnetite particles falsing, ground noise, or a momentary blip of EMI.

So, if I am trying to maximize the detecting ability of my Equinox on deep targets by doing a ground grab ground balance or a manual ground balance, I always check the ground I am going to do the ground balance on with the Nox pinpoint function first or at least press the horseshoe button to accept all targets, just to be sure. (I don't always do this but if I am gold prospecting for tiny targets or hunting for deep silver or relics in mineralized ground, I absolutely do it).

There have been times when I just hunted in pinpoint mode like in a bed of nails or nugget patch hunting and I knew I was going to dig everything in a predetermined grid or at the beach when I wanted to really hear the deep stuff.

Just remember, getting a good ground balance in moderate to high mineralization makes the pinpoint function work a lot better. Since you are in the Reno/Carson City area I would be very particular about getting an accurate ground balance. Otherwise, you may get a lot of howling and siren-like noise when you go into pinpoint mode caused by ground feedback.

Yep, the pinpoint function takes you to a momentarily amplified version of whatever mode you are in with all metal targets accepted. If you get a 25 VDI and a momentary high tone, go into pinpoint mode and get absolutely nothing in the coil area, the target could have been tiny magnetite particles falsing, ground noise, or a momentary blip of EMI.

So, if I am trying to maximize the detecting ability of my Equinox on deep targets by doing a ground grab ground balance or a manual ground balance, I always check the ground I am going to do the ground balance on with the Nox pinpoint function first or at least press the horseshoe button to accept all targets, just to be sure. (I don't always do this but if I am gold prospecting for tiny targets or hunting for deep silver or relics in mineralized ground, I absolutely do it).

There have been times when I just hunted in pinpoint mode like in a bed of nails or nugget patch hunting and I knew I was going to dig everything in a predetermined grid or at the beach when I wanted to really hear the deep stuff.

Just remember, getting a good ground balance in moderate to high mineralization makes the pinpoint function work a lot better. Since you are in the Reno/Carson City area I would be very particular about getting an accurate ground balance. Otherwise, you may get a lot of howling and siren-like noise when you go into pinpoint mode caused by ground feedback.
Good advice, I'm detecting tomorrow