Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Why do I rarely see used G2+'s

I think most people want to hold onto them once they get them & see what they can do.-----The G2+/F-19's are just beautiful running/performing detectors.----I (and others) consider them "sleeper" machines.-----They are not the deepest machines in the wild west but they have a LOT going on for them.
for sale on ebay? Do people hold on to them or is there just not many being used.

Del is spot on..I recently bought a f19 very similar to the g2+...I am really amazed at how good these machine are..wouldnt sell/trade mine for anything out there right now.. if ever..

Bought a G2+ in a pawn shop last week went out and found my first three cent piece then it snowed and cold snap it broke and Im ready to go,,,,,CEDAR

I think most people want to hold onto them once they get them & see what they can do.-----The G2+/F-19's are just beautiful running/performing detectors.----I (and others) consider them "sleeper" machines.-----They are not the deepest machines in the wild west but they have a LOT going on for them.
Can you imagine a G2+ with boost mode. Would be a killer for sure. I’d be swinging that detector instead of the T2.

Last edited:
Made that comment on another forum. BP on the g2 would be superb for deep lead and other deep relics. Yep that would replace my t2 for sure. They just have such good manners in iron and I connect with the audio so well. I would probably not part with my Gold Bug Pro. It has found a shelf full of deep cw lead with the strike 12x13 in a super EMI site where other folks just can’t hunt.

I, too, would love a G2+ with a BP mode. My G2+ with the 5x10 coil is my number #1 machine out of six.. First time out with G2+, first coin found....1855 gold half dollar. At a site I had hunted many times with other detectors.
I won't be selling mine any time soon. In fact, I'm looking for a backup unit.

I have bought and sold so many detectors in the last few years........ The only one that I always miss when I sell one is a Gold Bug Pro, F19 or especially the G2+ straight shaft with the 10X5" coil. If they had more tone options in discrimination mode, numerical target ID in all metal mode and a quick and easy way that is factory installed to switch from all metal to disc and back I would still own one for gold prospecting and relic hunting. Even without those added features, they are fantastic detectors. The Makro Racer 2 has those features and a few more, which is why I own one instead........but I still miss the G2+!!!

Jeff