Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

WHY DO SOCCER FIELDS PRODUCE???

alvin-xlt

Hello all!! i cant seem to figure out why soccer fields are such a great place for jewelery. i understand its a fast pace and at times a contact sport, but its school kids. do they wear fancy rings, chains etc??? HH

Although some jewelry is found on the field, I think most of it is found on the sidelines where the adults watch.

alvin-xlt said:
Hello all!! i cant seem to figure out why soccer fields are such a great place for jewelery. i understand its a fast pace and at times a contact sport, but its school kids. do they wear fancy rings, chains etc??? HH

Middle and high school age students wear a lot of jewelery. It may not be high end stuff, but they're not always as careful with it as adults may be. Good places to check on a soccer field are areas where the players leave their bags (Behind the goals, along the sidelines, etc). I've also found a few pieces of gold and silver jewelry in the playing areas as well.

Lots of teenage girls play soccer and lose jewelry. Sometimes the parents do too. The werid ones are the toe rings.

Watch many soccer games and you will see players tucking loose chains back under their shirts. This is something they should be leaving at home but they do not.

And.....you have the many chaotic practices on the same fields by multiple teams, sometimes at both ends of the field simultaneously. Lots of coaches, big brothers & sisters, and helper/parents on the field during practices. Sometimes the school band will practice on the soccer field when it is not in use. I have found finger buttons off of musical instruments on the soccer fields.

I've also noticed many of the players going to the concession stands for snacks & drinks and no good pockets to keep their change safely stowed away.

I know that in my school soccer field that other functions go on in the feild on the weekends. Local dog shows...etc.

I know in the Tulsa,OK area alot of the soccer fields are used by the Latino and most of them are catholic in religion and like the gold bling

our local fields are like clad chang machines i found 17 quarters 11 dimes and a few nickles in one and a half hours i didnt have to dig for half of them they were in the thatch in the lawn

Larry (IL) said:
Although some jewelry is found on the field, I think most of it is found on the sidelines where the adults watch.

I agree. The best areas for me have been the side lines. In particular where people that did not bring chairs sit on the ground and empty their pockets as a result.

Jerry

Have any of you had any problems on the soccer fields? I have one down the block from me I want to try out but I'm afraid if they see me out there digging it's going to be an issue. I'm in New York where you need a permit and a secret handshake to do anything!

youdig? said:
Have any of you had any problems on the soccer fields? I have one down the block from me I want to try out but I'm afraid if they see me out there digging it's going to be an issue. I'm in New York where you need a permit and a secret handshake to do anything!

If you plan on sweeping the mains, do it quickly near the center circle and goal areas, and DO NOT have any sort of shovel with you! Just a screwdriver...on the sidelines as well...try to imagine where people sit and watch the games, look for the sunflowerseeds and trash left behind...lots of good loot where the players sit and throw their gear too...I got thrown off one field, right after I found a nice silver necklace...Most monitored fields I hunt no problem, the greenskeepers get to see me as a trash picker-upper, and an all around good guy, they will even tell you if somebody mentioned a lost ring or something, and approximately where. Just be friendly, and look like an old retired codger. Give it a go! most likely your taxes funded that area anyway,you can always leave if they run you off.
Mud

My intention was just to sweep the sidelines where the spectators gather. I'm interested because I know someone who found a gold ring just laying in the grass! I can imagine whats buried there. I'm a newbie and have only hunted beaches. Maybe I'll practice somewhere with a screwdriver first. Thanks for the advice!

youdig? said:

I do not go onto the playing field for ANY sport during the playing season. Right afterwards is probably the best and people are less likely to get excited about your being there but there are exceptions.

Jerry

Based upon the types and amounts of targets...If its swept regularly by one of us, and how deep things may be..typically it seems most soccerfield finds are 3" to surface. So you can go pretty fast, and swing the coil a little higher and wider than normal. Lower your sens, and raise your disc. if you have multitones, good! If you find one that hasn't been swept in a while, you will come outta there with all sorts of clad. like 30 bucks or more. It will take you several trips. If you get good with a screwdriver, you will have several century days, in a few hours at that. you will also become a master of the Pinpoint, and chasing clad spills in the grass. If you are after gold, its probably there, silver rings definitely, earrings and necklaces assuredly, so key up on those %#5& signals..
Mud

Thanks for all this advice as I need something to take away my well earned title: "KING OF TRASH"!!!!!!!

Got fields all around my neighborhood where tot leagues play, practice and where high schoolers play flag football!!!!

I always figured the term "Soccer Mom" meant lost jewelery. :shrug:

Finds are getting harder to find on soccer fields in Az., they are told not to wear there jewelry, and you can notice it with less finds